Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a hellion twin turbo kit have any problems with the cold side pipes and ground clearance? Just kinda wondering on the drivers side cold pipes and the ground clearance or rather lack of from what I can tell.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 15 Challenger Scat Pack with a Cervini Shaker/cold air box. I am wondering if that twin turbo would fit in there?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have an 09 Srt8 Challenger with the kit just installed. Everything fits well with good clearance.

Steve

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have an 09 Srt8 Challenger with the kit just installed. Everything fits well with good clearance.

Steve
Any more details, pics, driving impressions, how do you like the kit did you upgrade turbos where there any install issues did you have to change any parts and did you Dyno for numbers?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hellion Kit install

Any more details, pics, driving impressions, how do you like the kit did you upgrade turbos where there any install issues did you have to change any parts and did you Dyno for numbers?
The kit installation went smooth and was upgraded with precision 6265 ball bearing turbos, running 38 mm turbo smart waste gates with 11psi springs. Turbo smart boost controller, with 2 scavenge pumps. I am also running the upgraded 4" intercooler and id1000 injectors. I have new Walbro 450 e85 fuel pump to install in the car so I can go to e85 conversion along with a couple other upgrades. It is a beast to drive. 6 speed car so I am going to be doing a clutch upgrade soon as well. But haven't really hammered it, but a few times due to the 93 octane. Will have more results soon after e85 conversion.

Steve

·
Registered
232 Posts
If your car is slammed you will have clearance issues. Otherwise, my SRT8 is fine, I take it easy around speed bumps. Everything fits like it was meant to be there.

Steve

·
Registered
100 Posts
If your car is slammed you will have clearance issues. Otherwise, my SRT8 is fine, I take it easy around speed bumps. Everything fits like it was meant to be there.

Steve
The kit installation went smooth and was upgraded with precision 6265 ball bearing turbos, running 38 mm turbo smart waste gates with 11psi springs. Turbo smart boost controller, with 2 scavenge pumps. I am also running the upgraded 4" intercooler and id1000 injectors. I have new Walbro 450 e85 fuel pump to install in the car so I can go to e85 conversion along with a couple other upgrades. It is a beast to drive. 6 speed car so I am going to be doing a clutch upgrade soon as well. But haven't really hammered it, but a few times due to the 93 octane. Will have more results soon after e85 conversion.

Steve

Thanks for the reply, I have a 2015 Scat Pack and have been looking at this kit and wondering if it’s adaptable to my car as they don’t list 2015’s or 6.4’s in general. And my car is lowered with H&R springs. If you don’t mind me asking can you tell me what your all in for. I realize you may not want to state that openly so you can pm me if you don’t mind and as I have e85 available locally I would want to do what you did also. And my car isn’t an m6 also. I’d be very interested in any other information your willing to share. Thanks again.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I bought my kit with installation about 7500. I'm still working on getting pump installed and tuned for e85. I hope to have it complete in the next couple weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts