Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I built a twin turbo setup(can be seen in the build section). I started it for the first time today and everything appeared to be well and good. I went out to the garage after a few hrs and there was a rather large puddle of oil on the floor. After searching around it seems the when I tightened the fitting on the turbo they moved the angle on the catch tank and oil was draining up...oops it backed up the turbo on one side. i adjusted the fitting and tank and they seem to be draining well again. I noticed that the was a bit of oil in the compressor housing after the fix. That oil wasn't there before. both turbo seem to be getting a bit of oil in the compressor. what I'm wondering is why? How do I fix it? I run a small oil restricter on the top of the turbo because of the high oil pressure these cars have. I see 58psi at idle on startup. my catch reservoir isn't vented. could that be a reason? the oil pump seems to be clearing the oil on the drains. not sure why this is happening. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Your turbochargers need to be mounted higher than your scavenge tank otherwise the oil will not properly drain get too hot and coke up in that area. When oil does not drain from turbo drain tube it will back up and seep threw seals in turbo housing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts