Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What’s the best boost for the SXT

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Hello everybody! Since I am brand new to muscle cars and the muscle car community I thought I would come with an easy question, boost. I know everyone here is agreeable and sweet so what do you guys think is the best boost for the SXT and why. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,495 Posts
I haven't seen any dyno charts for the Prodigy Twin Turbo setup. They say 506HP, which can never be bad, but low end torque is going to be more telling on performance I think. Turbos have to spool up, and while the power coming on more linear should be better for longevity, if all the power is above 4000RPM for instance, this will show on the top end, but getting out of the hole, and getup on the street would be more attractive to me.

Ripp at least does dyno videos, and show their numbers, including the GT AWD

Torque pretty much starts at 3500, same as stock

A Guy

·
Registered
323 Posts
The Prodigy kit isn't released yet either. They do use smaller turbos to allow the engine to get on the boost faster, but that's also their information.
I'm like AGuy, I'd like to see a dyno run and real information...but I'd still like to have that over just about anything else. Anything driven off the crank has operating loses that have to be over come. In the end, boost is boost. You can only put so much into the engine before it blows, so the deciding factor (IMHO) is cost and area under the curve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Lostviking
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing