Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have suddenly developed an issue where the remote start stopped working, it was working on Friday...and since Saturday, nothing.

No change (tail light bulbs were replaced) and all i get is a single light flash and no remote start.

I checked and the hood plunger operates as normal, took it off and checked on a VOM.

Windows are fine, nothing is open, I am just not getting any remote start. Yesterday I scanned it and only can bus codes I had were the heated seat (more on that in a bit) and a stored Airbag code from when I unplugged one under the seat once.

As for the heated seat issue, I have had them work intermittently for about 8 months, and tried the usual things of checking connectors, harnesses, I even swapped in a new heated seat module, and since I had an extra on the shelf, the climate controls and heat seat switches! nothing changed. When I ran the scan yesterday it came up a U0208 code which is lost connection with heated seat module. But I do not know where to start searching that one, maybe a broken wire? the 2011 up heated seat module only has the two connectors on it so it is not like the 3 connector model on the pre 2011, and I can't find a wiring schematic for it.

Any suggestions from the guys out there?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I have done more checking and the reasons for remote start not working are

IF THE ENGINE STALLS OR RPM EXCEEDS 2500 Not an issue as car is not starting

NORMAL TIME OUT RUN MODE (15 MINUTES) Also not issue

CUSTOMER MOVES IGNITION INTO RUN/START Non issue as no fobik in car

ANY VEHICLE DOOR AJAR all doors and trunk + hood closed

TRUNK/LIFTGATE AJAR trunk closed and secured

HOOD AJAR hood closed and secured

FUEL LEVEL LOW tested with everything from full to 1/4 tank

START COUNTER REACHED non issue as not starting

LOW RPM SHUTDOWN non issue as car ot remote starting

FOBIK IN VEHICLE Only two fobiks, one in pocket, one in house

BRAKE PRESSED no brake applied, as nobody is in car

THE HAZARD SWITCH IS PRESSED Hazards no on

NOT IN PARK OR NEUTRAL car is an auto and it in Park

VEHICLE SPEED HIGH non issue as car is park while testing

VTA ALARM TRIGGERED alarm not triggered

PANIC MODE ACTIVATED panic mode not triggered

BATTERY VOLTAGE HIGH voltage confirmed at 12.8 volts

BATTERY VOLTAGE LOW voltage confirmed at 12.8 volts

LOSS OF BATTERY VOLTAGE Battery in good condition and loaded tested correctly

MIL ON no MIL or stored codes

LOW OIL PRESSURE Non issue as no remote start...plus oil pressure good

COOLANT TEMPERATURE HIGH non issue as not starting and coolant temp is within spec

CRANK NO START non issue as car is not remote starting, but starts with button or key

RKE OFF MESSAGE No message displayed

VEHICLE NOT CONFIGURED Remote start worked for 2+ years with no issue jsut stopped on Saturday

HOOD SWITCH NOT INSTALLED OR INOPERATIVE hood switch removed and tested with meter, and is known good

NO AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION NAG1 trans operating correctly

IGNITION SNA

IGNITION NOT IN LOCK

VEHICLE IN SHIPPING MODE

VEHICLE NOT PROGRAMMED

So still not sure, I am hesitant to take to a dealer as 1. I am not keen on paying for a feature I already had 2.I do nto truly trust others to work on the car.

·
Registered
2012 blackberry pearl R/T Classic
137 Posts
I had a fob fail as you described.
Dealership had to program a new fob, after that they reprogrammed the old one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Probably won't work, but try hitting your lock button on fob first then try the remote start.

·
Registered
63 Posts
After doing some short research on this looks like most people have to take it to the dealer :( to get this fixed it's typically something with the computer, saw one where it was showing hood pin as open even thou it was closed and had to be reprogrammed. Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts