Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
To quote Forrest Gump, "stupid is as stupid does".
If that doesn't work, "play stupid games, win stupid prizes".
This was 100% avoidable.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Test driving the car.....ON A RUNWAY! I mean really, every time I test drive a car that's the first thing I do is go to the local airport and see how fast it will go. WTF. Sadly, as time goes on we will see allot more of this as the price of used hellcat's gets lower and lower. People who have no business driving a car capable of going 200 mph will soon be able to get these things for the price of a used Ford F150. My local dealer right now has a used (and abused) '16 Hellcat Challenger 6 speed with 10,000 mi on it for $49,000.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Honestly, I'm not surprised with this incredible amount of the bad drivers started to pop out here in Colorado lately, and nothing shocks me anymore.

RIP

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,882 Posts
Well, they went out in style!!! Hmmm, will I be inclined to do something outrageous when I am in my mid-to-late 70s??!!!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Yep, even us old dudes get stupid with a nice car sometimes. Pretty sure I'd have worked up to it and placed some decelerate zone cones first though. "Likely going more than 100"? Yea I hope so LOL. It's a mile and a half runway!

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts
Hilarious comments after the article. One who took offense at them. But I'll bet the pilot and copilot would be laughing if they read them. I liked the second hand lions comment. Seems most appropriate here.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
Thelma and Louise syndrome?
You never know, I read the story out loud to my brother and nephew and my brother said the same thing.
I was sadly at Raceway Park in NJ when Scott Kalitta ran out of track and was killed, the runway has an end as well, they had to know it was coming.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
They may have hit 200 started celebrating...........end of story.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
was one of the old guys the old man in the Challenger poster with his middle finger up?
or did they think that if that 80 some thing can do it, so can 2- 70 some things do the same?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
...went out Kowalski style without risk to anyone else. I'll go with that.
YES!!! I forgot!!! Blaze of glory. I hope so. Not panicked and scared.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts