Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
SRT-8
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed two Christmas gifts today - the third taillight HEMI logo and Start-Button switch cover. See below...

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1388180346.066663.jpg

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1388180367.139482.jpg

Happy New Year to all!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
530 Posts
Cool! How hard is it to do the third brake light? I like the push to start logo, that's nice.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

I agree, this looks good. Where can you buy them?

·
Premium Member
SRT-8
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool! How hard is it to do the third brake light? I like the push to start logo, that's nice.
Not too bad to install. Cover is in 2 pieces and you have to pull down the piece over the headliner first. The cover is held to the headliner by four studs with metal nuts. The cover itself is held to the roof of the car by four metal clips over plastic studs, which snap into the roof. I pryed it down with some plastic pry bars that I have. Once it pulled from the roof, 2 of the studs with nuts were pulled through the headliner, but I was able to reach under the headliner and screw them back on.

The light itself just pulls down near the windshield - the back end near the headliner fits into slots in the roof. You tilt the light down and it pulls out. One plug needs to be pulled for removal. The overlay is then placed over the red lens.

I should have took some pictures - it sounds more complicated than it is. Be sure not to loose the clips. It's a clunky kind of process, but there's no other way to get it off.

I think the result is pretty cool. Looks better in person. My windows are tinted, so it didn't photograph very well.

The seller is on EBay. I believe his name was Kaos... He has an assortment to choose from.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts