Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only 4000 miles on my '10 R/T. Slow leak on one tire, about a pound of pressure a day. Made appt to take it in to my dealership. 2 days before the appt, I hit a pothole with the other rear tire. Heard a loud bang. That tire ripped, and bent a part of the rim. Changed a tire in 25 degree temp (and btw, did anyone know how hard it is to find the lug wrench?)

Warranties don't cover this at all. The tire with the slow leak had a nail that entered the sidewall nearly sideways slicing the tire, so they tell me that cannot be repaired either.

Total cost for 2 new tires and one wheel: $1295.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Typically when you hit a bad pothole, you will damage two wheels and/or tires. This damage should be covered under your comprehensive auto insurance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Similar thing happened to me recently. I was leaving my work parking lot on a Friday night and mis-judged how close I was to a gap in pavement as I turned out of the lot onto the main road. Was going less than 10 mph. The gap was basically the start of a shallow ditch that runs along side the road.
Come Monday morning, my tire pressure light was on and stated I was at 25lbs pressure. The right rear tire leaked about a 1lb of air per day. When I took the car into the dealership, they told me my wheel was slightly bent on the inside and, the leak was actually coming from a dimple (which I could see and feel) on the sidewall. The tire was shot.
Fix was a new tire that cost me about $250 out the door with install and taxes. Tire pressure is holding which, hopefully saves me from a new wheel at $1063 per the parts ordering book.
Don't have the wheel and tire plan and, insurance deductible is more than the cost of the tire.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts