Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! What’s the most realistic expectation to have for a discount from sticker on 2020/2021 RT’s that are in stock? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
Still Power Dollars on 2020s, how much depends on model/horsepower

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2020 R/T
74 Posts
Hi all! What’s the most realistic expectation to have for a discount from sticker on 2020/2021 RT’s that are in stock? Thanks

Only buy at the end of the month, end of quarter or preferably, end of 3rd or 4th quarter. Or January of the following year to get rebates on the previous years still new models. NEVER buy the same day you shop. Wait for them to call you with “The Godfather offer”.

Reactions: Van_island_spshaker

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a Challenger Scat Pack T/A yesterday for a few dollars more than 10K off the sticker. Sticker was $55K. Worked them for 2 months to get there but worth it.

It was a 2020.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine was $47,345 sticker. They took $4k off sticker, $3K rebate on 2021, and $1K rebate for loyal customer or something (I bought a Grand Cherokee in 2019) for a total of $8K off sticker. Interestingly I bought same day I looked at it on the lot. Looked at it in the am, made it clear I wasn't buying that day, went home. They kept calling me with offers until we hit a number I thought was good. Told them I'd come in and do the deal that night but if there was an extra penny added on when we got to signing papers I would walk. They were good to their word and I picked it up right before closing. Was beginning of December.

A week earlier I was trying to negotiate a deal on a 20 RT at a different dealer and they wouldn't do anything besides available rebates. The Scat was actually cheaper than what this dealer wanted for an RT. Just need to shop around and hold your line (within reason). I figured 8-10K off sticker was the deal I wanted based off of research on this site, looking at deals others got.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My discount included the mfg $10 per horsepower rebate of $4,850 and a dealer discount of just over $5,000 plus some smaller coupon discounts. Came out to just a couple dollars under 20%.

·
Registered
43 Posts
OP, i just l looked our sticker, and honest to God we were blessed to have got close to 9K off of that for our 2020 SP, but i believe every situation can be quite different. I had been in contact with this dealer by email for weeks ahead of the deal, so who knows, maybe that was a factor.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
449 Posts
My 2020 SP Wide Body was stickered at $54915. I had in my head what was a fair discount and what I felt my trade was worth and came up with an ideal number of $16500 out of my pocket out the door. That's before I realized that they don't include freight in their advertised prices. I revised in my head that I could accept $17600 out of pocket out the door. Once they got a number out of me, they were happy to beat it by $100. Did I leave some money on the table? Maybe, but they'd come down over $5K from their opening offer. Doing a little research beforehand, I knew the car had been in inventory for about 110 days and that they were likely tired of paying floor plan on last year's model. At some point I let them know that I knew the car was old inventory and that I still really liked my trade in and asked several times for the key to my trade so that I could leave. Each request for my key resulting in yet another lower offer. When they hit $17500 I folded and bought the new one. Somehow, they credited me for $5850 in rebates. No idea where that extra $1000 came from and I don't care. I was looking for a dealer discount on top of the $4850 rebate of about $3000 to make it happen. If they had to get $1000 of that from some rebate I was unaware of, so be it.

·
Premium Member
2020 R/T
74 Posts
I bought a Challenger Scat Pack T/A yesterday for a few dollars more than 10K off the sticker. Sticker was $55K. Worked them for 2 months to get there but worth it.

It was a 2020.
I got the 8k rebate on an anniversary edition with 60 miles on it. Worked out very well plus some smaller ones. Last day of the month. I love sales quotas. Lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
When we traded in our absolutely loaded 18 Charger SP (i believe it had ever option box checked), it was funny that word got out, and someone from out of state bought it over the phone, before it even got to intake prep. I felt great for our dealer, as they were good to us on the sale of the Challenger. Here's a pic of our Destroyer Grey Charger that we traded in. She was a fine, beautiful machine, but IMHO the Challenger is much more engaging and enjoyable to drive.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
I got almost $10 k off a 2020 SP WB that was in transit.

Reactions: Carbide

·
Registered
99 Posts
a lot of variables come into play to determine how much of a discount you can get. Location, rarity of the color/options, how long its been sitting on the dealers lot, available rebates, credit score, time of the month/year, etc. I recall someone got $10k off sticker price but his loan was close to 10% apr at 72/mo with low down payment, which would balance out the "good deal" he got. And it seems the Southern and East Coast residents get fatter discounts/rebates than us Pacific region Mopar fellas.

Here in California, 2020 RT with no options can be had for 31-32k. A 2021 would definitely be in the 32-33k range. As always, YMMV

1 - 20 of 31 Posts