Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
SRT-8
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a 2009 SRT with a REQP Uconnect 230 6CD/DVD/MP3 radio. The voice recognition feature is terrible. If I say "Call Sophia", the system pauses and usually says "Calling 0-1-6-2" or some other random combination of numbers. It does this with almost any name I give it. It does seem to recognize "Cancel" pretty well... I'm connecting thru Bluetooth with an iPhone 5C.

Anyone else experience similar issues? Any known fixes? Not sure if software can be updated (no USB connection).

Don't have the $ for an aftermarket system...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
17,321 Posts
go through the voice training routine - I found that helps.

On occasion it will goof up, but it works better than before (I also have the REQ / MC230 radio).

If there's a lot of ambient noise (high fan blower speed, outside noise w/ window open, sunroof open at higher speeds) it can confuse the uConnect VR function.

Reactions: Rainmaker1984

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I would second the voice training redo. When I had my timing chain replaced under the recall, I had to laugh when I tried to show a co-worker how I could just say a number and it would dial it. Well of course, it was embarassing when it would totally get it wrong. I redid the voice training and it's fine now. It rarely messes up.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I second the voice training and ambient noise suggestions. Also, speaking in a louder voice (ie: yelling over ambient noise) seems to work very poorly. Mine seems to work best when ambient noise is kept to a minimum and I speak at a "normal" volume.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I have the Galaxy S4 phone with the latest software update to it and I cannot get my 430N to recognise it at all. (2012 R/T Plus) No problems with the S3 that is my wifes phone, but the S4 is a no go. Anyone have any input on that one. I believe there may be another thread on that issue but I just thought I would through it in here. Thanks anyone for any input.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I have the Galaxy S4 phone with the latest software update to it and I cannot get my 430N to recognise it at all. (2012 R/T Plus) No problems with the S3 that is my wifes phone, but the S4 is a no go. Anyone have any input on that one. I believe there may be another thread on that issue but I just thought I would through it in here. Thanks anyone for any input.
Have you updated your software on the 430N?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I also have troubles with the Galaxy S4. The requsted number will dial, thena after two to three rings, the 430N will hang itself up " phone call complete" If I dial using the phone, everything is fine....irritating.

·
Registered
16,285 Posts
I also have troubles with the Galaxy S4. The requsted number will dial, thena after two to three rings, the 430N will hang itself up " phone call complete" If I dial using the phone, everything is fine....irritating.
My S4 still doing this same thing even after kit kat update, annoying as hell.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
352 Posts
My S4 still doing this same thing even after kit kat update, annoying as hell.

Mine does same thing. Also, the phone itself doesnt hang up, the BT just disconnects or something. so if you're unaware, the person your calling will answer and hear you without you knowing.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
There is a Dodge web site for updates for the radios and there is no update for the 430n. You would think that Samsung or Dodge would come up for a remedy for this issue. We all paid good money for our cars and one of the conveniences is the blue tooth phone option. This whole thing is pathetic. There needs to be an answer, bottom line!!! If there is an update for the 430n, where is it and how is it installed? Come on Dodge, this is very frustrating!!!

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
There is a Dodge web site for updates for the radios and there is no update for the 430n. You would think that Samsung or Dodge would come up for a remedy for this issue. We all paid good money for our cars and one of the conveniences is the blue tooth phone option. This whole thing is pathetic. There needs to be an answer, bottom line!!! If there is an update for the 430n, where is it and how is it installed? Come on Dodge, this is very frustrating!!!
What version software do you currently have. The latest for the 430N is 50.00.07 and can be found here. Download, burn, install.

MyDrive - Ihr Schweizer Online-Speicher

login:

username: [email protected]
password: gasolio

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I see the download is dated 2008. I would think that my 2012 would have that version. The other download was for Jeep and Truck systems. So which one would I use. I have put the first download on a USB drive for now. So my question would be, which one would I use for a 2012 system on a 430n. Thanks for the help here!!!!!

·
Premium Member
SRT-8
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone know if there is an update for the REQ230 radio?

·
Registered
828 Posts
My Galaxy S4 worked great with the uconnect but now I have a iPhone 5C and everything works except that instead of the caller's name being displayed it shows a random string of numbers/letters??? Tried unpairing and repairing the phone but no luck so I guess that's the way it goes... lol!!!

Reactions: Mopar4Bama

·
Registered
2014 100th Anniversary Edition RT
89 Posts
My Galaxy Note 2 paired fine with my 430N in my Jeep Wrangler and with my 430 in my Challenger. However, it did suffer from the notorious "phone call completed" issue in both. I found that I could usually hit my phone button on the steering wheel as soon as it said phone call completed, tell it to call that person back and then it would usually call them back and stay connected, but you had to do it while the phone call was still active on the phone. If you wait a few seconds it won't work. It's not foolproof, but it usually works for me.

I also have no issue with the head unit reading incoming texts to me, but it can't tell who they are from and you can't use the voice commands to send a text back.

I am on Sprint.

My audio streaming works flawlessly. Sound quality is equal to, if not better than, Sirius. I get all of the artist, song and album information on my screen when streaming via bluetooth as well. True with Pandora as well as with my music files on my device.

The only thing that ever really bothers me is the "phone call completed" disconnect. It can be frustrating when you try to call someone and it drops, then you try to call back, but they're already calling you back. Total cluster.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I see the download is dated 2008. I would think that my 2012 would have that version. The other download was for Jeep and Truck systems. So which one would I use. I have put the first download on a USB drive for now. So my question would be, which one would I use for a 2012 system on a 430n. Thanks for the help here!!!!!
The file is from 2013

·
Registered
362 Posts
This issue that people are experiencing with the "call completed" when attempting an outgoing call is a phone issue. Samsung has known about it for several months now. These phones (S3,&4, NOTE 2&3) all worked properly on Android 4.2.x. Then when the Android 4.3 was released this problem started. It was supposed to be fixed with the release of KK (4.4) but wasn't. In fact KK has more issues with several other vehicle lines as well as Chrysler. Samsung has recently released a SW update to Sprint & Verizon to validate and then release to the public.

I have a thread that I started back in January about this issue:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f202/android-4-3-issues-uconnect-152426/

Mine does same thing. Also, the phone itself doesnt hang up, the BT just disconnects or something. so if you're unaware, the person your calling will answer and hear you without you knowing.

·
Registered
362 Posts
1) Please see the thread in the link below for the "call completed issue"
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f202/android-4-3-issues-uconnect-152426/

2) The reason the call will go thru on the 2nd attempt right after the "call completed" prompt is heard is because the phone will tell Uconnect that there is a call on hold and line #2 is active. So Uconnect knows that there is an active call. When o the first call is being made, the phone tells Uconnect that there isn't an active call so Uconnect will give that prompt and return to the radio mode.

3) Uconnect can't tell you who the incoming text message sender is because the phone is sending incomplete information in the BT message from the phone to Uconnect. This is seen on both CDMA networks (Sprint & Verizon). Uconnect is looking for (+1) then the phone number of the sender. The phone is sending only the phone number. This may be a network issue though, however it's not with Uconnect.

My Galaxy Note 2 paired fine with my 430N in my Jeep Wrangler and with my 430 in my Challenger. However, it did suffer from the notorious "phone call completed" issue in both. I found that I could usually hit my phone button on the steering wheel as soon as it said phone call completed, tell it to call that person back and then it would usually call them back and stay connected, but you had to do it while the phone call was still active on the phone. If you wait a few seconds it won't work. It's not foolproof, but it usually works for me.

I also have no issue with the head unit reading incoming texts to me, but it can't tell who they are from and you can't use the voice commands to send a text back.

I am on Sprint.

My audio streaming works flawlessly. Sound quality is equal to, if not better than, Sirius. I get all of the artist, song and album information on my screen when streaming via bluetooth as well. True with Pandora as well as with my music files on my device.

The only thing that ever really bothers me is the "phone call completed" disconnect. It can be frustrating when you try to call someone and it drops, then you try to call back, but they're already calling you back. Total cluster.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Uconnect can only display what the phone is sending to it. Have you tried rebooting the phone by holding down the home and power buttons till the apple is displayed then releasing them? I haven't actually seen an issue with the IPhone's.

My Galaxy S4 worked great with the uconnect but now I have a iPhone 5C and everything works except that instead of the caller's name being displayed it shows a random string of numbers/letters??? Tried unpairing and repairing the phone but no luck so I guess that's the way it goes... lol!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts