Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am chasing after these aftermarket wheels, without even knowing if they would fit the modern Challengers with the 20" wheel. The factory stock wheels on my 2013 Challenger R/T Classic are 20 X 8. This MOPAR Rallye wheel is available in 20 X 8.5.

I've determined that U.S. Mags does not sell directly to the consumer and I have not been able to identify a local retailer/installer who represents U.S. mags, so I am at a deadend with that approach. I have tried to contact U.S. Mags via email, but I have not heard back.

Anyone on the forum running these wheels? What sorts of issues am I in for if I can acquire a set of these wheels?

Heres an image of the wheel I am looking at:
US Mags_Cuda_Polish520_A-700.png

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I wanted the old Rally style wheel from the 70's on my 2014 R/T Plus. For years , all I could find was a reproduction in 20 inch. In my opinion, the car doesn't look right in 20's. I wanted more sidewall rubber and ended up going with an 18" Shelby Cobra wheel. I am very happy happy with the look. I was told that Ford and Dodge have the same lug pattern size ( but do your homework first). My only issue is......that the new wheels have the valve stem on the inner side of the wheel. What a BYTCH to put air in the tires when needed. I had to get the shortest valve stems made, because long ones will hit the calipers in the front. I will soon grind down the part of the caliper for some extra clearance and peace of mind.
IMG_20200704_163844651.jpg
IMG_20210405_131900091_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200814_192858361.jpg

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
1,743 Posts
I have been talking to a couple of wheel companies on the Retro Rallye Wheels and been in constant communication with 2 MFG's and even spoke to the president of one of them.
We have had 8 phones calls in past 3 months, but another hold up is Metal Shortages... Everything is in shortage at this time, Alloy, Steels, etc.,
Any ways he is working on getting a Set of 18" ones and 20" ones made soon, he has all the specs need for offset, bolt pattern and they will be finished like the 70's ones with
Caps, Lugs. just a waiting game with them but he keeps giving me updates they are also on back order of their normal lines so it might be around fall or just before hopefully.

BTW US Mags Cuda - US418 Wheels & Cuda - US418 Rims On Sale - WheelMax: America's Largest Mail Order Wheel And Tire Company

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,941 Posts

A Guy

Reactions: ebizbuddy

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
And they don't even look like the actual old Rally wheel.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,941 Posts

A Guy

Reactions: 1973Cuda

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Speaking tomorrow with president of a very well known Wheel Company fingers crossed !!!
This is the latest info I have from US Mags in regards to their MOPAR Rally Wheel in 20" size:

"The only way the U418 would work on your Challenger (2013 R/T Classic) is if it was done in a 3-piece style – this can be done but the wheels end up being more expensive than the standard 2-piece version of the U418. I know this well since we’ve done quite a few US Mags wheels for customers on newer model muscle cars like Camaros, Challengers and Mustangs….the US Mags styles are vintage profile and the 2-piece version does not have enough clearance over the brakes on these cars. But the 3-piece version does - no problem – in 20” with standard basic finish, those would be $5495 shipped for 4"

Doing the math, $1400 per wheel - Way outside my budget

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
This is the latest info I have from US Mags in regards to their MOPAR Rally Wheel in 20" size:

"The only way the U418 would work on your Challenger (2013 R/T Classic) is if it was done in a 3-piece style – this can be done but the wheels end up being more expensive than the standard 2-piece version of the U418. I know this well since we’ve done quite a few US Mags wheels for customers on newer model muscle cars like Camaros, Challengers and Mustangs….the US Mags styles are vintage profile and the 2-piece version does not have enough clearance over the brakes on these cars. But the 3-piece version does - no problem – in 20” with standard basic finish, those would be $5495 shipped for 4"

Doing the math, $1400 per wheel - Way outside my budget
That's nuts even the Foose ones are not that expensive... That said I will post and update after I speak to the Guy from another Wheel Company and its more positive already than what you got.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Positive vibes after just getting off the Phone and seriously talking to an Engineer and President of well known Company. It was far more positive then what you were given
ebiz by that company very exciting response and discussion feedback which will be even more followed up on.

227 Posts
I wanted the old Rally style wheel from the 70's on my 2014 R/T Plus. For years , all I could find was a reproduction in 20 inch. In my opinion, the car doesn't look right in 20's. I wanted more sidewall rubber and ended up going with an 18" Shelby Cobra wheel. I am very happy happy with the look. I was told that Ford and Dodge have the same lug pattern size ( but do your homework first). My only issue is......that the new wheels have the valve stem on the inner side of the wheel. What a BYTCH to put air in the tires when needed. I had to get the shortest valve stems made, because long ones will hit the calipers in the front. I will soon grind down the part of the caliper for some extra clearance and peace of mind.
View attachment 1024310 View attachment 1024311 View attachment 1024312
The Shelby wheels look a bit unusual for the car but I think it's gonna look better with a bigger size. Just a random thought

1 - 12 of 12 Posts