Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I had been struggling with this for a while and Matt Glad @ Arrington knew the fix.

U140E = implausible vehicle data received.... This code illuminates the abs and traction control light. The code disables cruise control and won't allow you to interact with the traction control system via the car or the diablo.

Long story short; whenever the Calid of the PCM is changed, the PCM's configuration must be set as well. The abs module does not get plausible information from the pcm so it has a fit.

This was my fix. I searched and searched for answers and persistence paid off. Hopefully this fix will help someone in the future.

Oh, its probably important to add the car is a 2012 R/T sp.

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
I know this is ancient history, but I'm confused as to what the fix is. Did you have to have the PCM reflashed? Did the dealer have to do it? Also have a 2012 R/T.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys I had been struggling with this for a while and Matt Glad @ Arrington knew the fix.

U140E = implausible vehicle data received.... This code illuminates the abs and traction control light. The code disables cruise control and won't allow you to interact with the traction control system via the car or the diablo.

Long story short; whenever the Calid of the PCM is changed, the PCM's configuration must be set as well. The abs module does not get plausible information from the pcm so it has a fit.

This was my fix. I searched and searched for answers and persistence paid off. Hopefully this fix will help someone in the future.

Oh, its probably important to add the car is a 2012 R/T sp.
What was the fix. ???

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,843 Posts
BlackCuda Last seen Jun 11, 2016 . Might try sending him a PM, perhaps his settings are set to email if he receives a PM. Although with the format change, I doubt it

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,843 Posts
BTW, CALID is the Calibration ID, or Calibration Number

ChallyTatum may be able to add more info?

A Guy

·
Registered
13 Posts
BlackCuda Last seen Jun 11, 2016 . Might try sending him a PM, perhaps his settings are set to email if he receives a PM. Although with the format change, I doubt it

A Guy
I found it. In hp tuners I changed the the engine size under the general info from my old 6.4 to the new HC 6.2 and that caused the error. Hp tuners even has a flag at the bottom that says “changing from original engine size will disable to tc and abs. Changed it back to 6.4 and reflashed and all good
Thanks !!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,843 Posts
Awesome, good info ;)

A Guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts