Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Scat Pack Wide Body under warranty still ..4600 miles never been to shop YET? All preventive maintenance done on time.
Lately after the car starts , it seems it goes through a period of data transmission /possible updates. maybe normal?
Then for the first 10 /15 mins driving it does or goes through multiple reboots , so radio goes silent /screen goes dark and within seconds it reboots ? " showing SRT screen the whole bit. This happens maybe two three times then its fine for the rest of the drive? I don't think is a electrical power issue because after the reboots its fine? The car is still under warranty but ...well don't like taking car to ANY DEALER.
Has anyone seen this happen to there car? Uconnect having issues like this? During the reboots the car runs and drives fine, seems to getting worse ? Could it be it needs a update/flash? I know the car is connected as I get updates via email .
New cars run and drive so nice but so much computer B/S any advice ?.
LOVE this car but black is SO hard to keep clean

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After posting ...I found many similar issues with others having this issue ,without really seeing a resolution . Are we stuck with this?

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Challenger SXT AWD
217 Posts
Don’t dismiss electrical issues. Capacitors need time to charge up, so I could see where failing caps could either take longer to charge or not charge completely, which might allow for symptoms to disappear after a few minutes. My first instinct is to replace that Uconnect unit.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,209 Posts
My experience with uConnect and the radio is back in July of last year my 2018 Helcat's NAV system went wonky. One symptom was my location was 40+ to nearly 90 miles off when I tried the NAV system.

Took the car to the dealer. Tech confirmed NAV bad. He called Chrysler and was advised to try a new radio software update. An update that was not yet released to the public. (Before taking my car in I had checked at the uConnect web site and my car's uConnect software was up to date.)

Tech downloaded the update: Took nearly an hour; and applied it: This took around 15 minutes.

The update did not help. Chrysler was contacted again and it said there was a 2nd update to try.

This was obtained and applied. Still no improvement. NAV still bad. A new radio was ordered and a bit over a week later it came in and soon after I booked the car in and the new radio was installed. NAV was fine after.

Long round about way of offering a WAG in your car's case the radio is just manifesting signs of a hardware failure.

You won't likely be able to "fix" this yourself. I mean you can try pulling fuses (I hate doing this and I would not recommend you do this) or disconnecting the battery (and I hate doing this as well and just putting it out there but not recommending you do this) but if the radio does not "boot" up and run properly when the engine is started that's not something fuse pulling or battery disconnecting is going to solve.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,330 Posts
There is a new Recall for the 2019's on the Uconnect as per this post on here 5 days ago

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SP WB - Hellraisin, A8, Plus Pckg, Tech Grp, Driver Conv, Alpine, Sunroof, Spoiler
213 Posts
We have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee that has been flawless since bought new. My new 2018 RAM had issues from the get. Would go blue screen or just reboot itself while driving. Intermittent and would often go weeks with no issues then it would start again. Then the touchscreen started to "separate" looking like a damaged TV. Then the passenger mirror would no fold away.

I loved that truck but those issues were why I traded it for the Scat Pack. i always wondered how much the dealer knew when i got it. Was a hell of a deal, perhaps they knew it had issues.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT392
14 Posts
I’m having issues once in a while when my car is dirty (makes no sense) but I get the blind spot monitor message and then I connect goes on a trip right after. Sometimes even refusing to start.

there’s an aftermarket solution I’m considering if it turns sour completely one day, there’s an aftermarket connect unit on American muscle for 1300ish that has an updated UI and Apple car play and all those gizmos incorporated

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
Making sure you have the latest updates to address radio problems may be the fix (assuming you don't already)

A Guy

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts