Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm sick to death of my OEM uConnect 730 audio/nav unit. It freezes up often enough that I want to replace it with an aftermarket unit. I've attempted to update software on mine with help from uConnect, but it hasn't ever worked and two different dealerships were equally unsuccessful.

I want a good quality aftermarket unit that will allow for FULL incorporation of all features, but also allow for bluetooth and/or Apple Play, which the unit on my 2013 SRT does not allow. I mostly listen to music on my phone (which has never sounded great through the USB on my uConnect), or Sirius XM. Mostly, however, I want a unit and installation kit that looks good in the car. I want the final install to look clean and neat and not look too obvious.

Any thoughts, recommendations, and photos are appreciated.

WaS

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,440 Posts
Hello all,

I'm sick to death of my OEM uConnect 730 audio/nav unit. It freezes up often enough that I want to replace it with an aftermarket unit. I've attempted to update software on mine with help from uConnect, but it hasn't ever worked and two different dealerships were equally unsuccessful.

I want a good quality aftermarket unit that will allow for FULL incorporation of all features, but also allow for bluetooth and/or Apple Play, which the unit on my 2013 SRT does not allow. I mostly listen to music on my phone (which has never sounded great through the USB on my uConnect), or Sirius XM. Mostly, however, I want a unit and installation kit that looks good in the car. I want the final install to look clean and neat and not look too obvious.

Any thoughts, recommendations, and photos are appreciated.

WaS
Crutchfield.com
1) input vehicle’s specs
2) look through head-units that will work with the car, filtering on details you require
3) add favorites to cart and view required install hardware
4) check reviews for those favorites for car make model installed into.

If you’re lucky, someone will have put it in a Challenger and left a detailed review with pics.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nuke. I visited Crutchfield a while back, but didn't really explore the options very well. I'm not a "car audiophile", I just want reliable functionality, so I wasn't really sure what to look for. Will try your suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts