Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope this is in the right place, I'm new here, just bought the car. 2013 R/T.
I did a search and came up empty.

Okay, here goes...

Is there anyway to delete preset XM channels? Probably the same for AM and FM but I only listen to XM.

Is there any way to go backwards through the presets using the channel selector on the left hand radio controls? What PITA if your on preset 3 and want preset 2.

Voice recognition: If I press the VR button on the steering wheel or 730N hard key I don't get a beep. What am I doing wrong? I know it works because the salesman and I paired my phone using VR when I took delivery. The only thing I've managed to do so far is go through the Voice Training thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Read the owners guide or download one. I had the same issue as you. Disconnect the battery for 2 mins. That will reset the uconnect and your button Will work again. I had to do that after I was screwing around with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what's so frustrating, I downloaded the Owners Manual and must have read through the 730N instructions 5 times. In fact I'm currently reading through the entire manual now... on page 246 as we speak.

Thank you for the tip! Do I have to disconnect both the pos and neg or just the pos?

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How embarrassing, figured out the VR thing... the 730N has to be on for it to work.

Sometimes I feel like I'm on another planet. :dunno:

·
Registered
722 Posts
There is a separate manual for the media center available from Dodge. It includes all the media center models, including the 730N. If I recall correctly, it is about 175 pages so there is quite a bit of information available. It is available by contacting Dodge at (800) 423-6343 (US), (800) 387-1143 (Canada), or through your dealer. I believe it is free if you are an original owner and a cost if you are a subsequent owner.

There is also a 102-page Uconnect manual which I downloaded from an unknown source. If you PM me your E-mail address, I can send the file (8.5 MB) to you.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Here ya go!

edit: Sorry, I thought it was for both units...

Attachments

Reactions: Czechman

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Found it

Here ya go, for real!

Attachments

Reactions: Czechman

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK, anyone know how to turn off the annoying "phone call completed" announcement? For example, I use Waze when I drive and every single time it makes a report, the virtual assistant voice comes across with that announcement. I used to have a Ford and I actually prefer the Sync system which does a simple beep at the beginning or end. I'm hoping there's a setting in there somewhere that I'm missing!

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you stevec3201 x2!

Reactions: stevec3201
1 - 9 of 9 Posts