Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uconnect 730n Software Update - Say "Setup- Software Update" not recognized....

I am the new owner of a 2013 Challenger SRT8 and the software needs an update. The instructions say to push the phone button and Say "Setup- Software Update" to get the current version. My car just says "The available options are blah blah". Any advice at yelling at my car?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk. When you pres the Voice command button, do you hear the confirmation beep? You have to wait for the beep before you speak or you'll just get a list of options. You can confirm voice commands are working, do the Voice Training, page 118

View attachment RHR_users_manual.pdf

A Guy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to Challengertalk. When you pres the Voice command button, do you hear the confirmation beep? You have to wait for the beep before you speak or you'll just get a list of options. You can confirm voice commands are working, do the Voice Training, page 118

View attachment 946625

A Guy
It says to push the phone button then say setup software update. If I do that then I get the message I said in my previous post.

If I push the voice command button I get a setup menu.

Hold on. Ill take a video and put it on Youtube.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
Sorry, never done myself, I have a 2016. The instructions came from where? It's a pdf you can post? If someone with actual experience doesn't reply, perhaps we can figure it out, or confirm you are doing it correctly, and are not crazy :)

A Guy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you look at the instructions under 'Verify Software Version' I am at 'After hearing the beep, say “Setup- Software Update”.'

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
Here's a perhaps stupid question, do you use the voice commands? Verified they work/the car hears you?

Press the Uconnect Phone button and after the beep say "TUTORIAL", see if it recognizes your voice.

If you use voice commands already, and know it works, then ignore me :)

So, this guy does what you want to do, I notice he plugs in the usb, in the remote usb port, before he tries the Setup command, skip to the 4:00 or so mark top see him do what you are trying to do

Also his car is running, couldn't tell for sure if yours was, although it appears to be? He does do the check again without the usb plugged in later in the video. I think you're doing it right, but confirm if your steps match his.

A Guy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a perhaps stupid question, do you use the voice commands? Verified they work/the car hears you?

Press the Uconnect Phone button and after the beep say "TUTORIAL", see if it recognizes your voice.

If you use voice commands already, and know it works, then ignore me :)

So, this guy does what you want to do, I notice he plugs in the usb, in the remote usb port, before he tries the Setup command, skip to the 4:00 or so mark top see him do what you are trying to do

Updating the Uconnect Firmware in my Jeep Grand Cheorkee - YouTube

Also his car is running, couldn't tell for sure if yours was, although it appears to be? He does do the check again without the usb plugged in later in the video. I think you're doing it right, but confirm if your steps match his.

A Guy
Thanks for that! Yeah, I am doing EXACTLY what he is doing but mine isn't responding the same way. I will mess with it more today.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,757 Posts
You never said, "Yes, it recognizes voice commands". If it does, sorry, I myself have no ideas

A Guy

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
925 Posts
If I understand you OP correctly, you are trying to figure out what the current software version of the 730N is? Prior to doing the update? If this is correct, then you do not need to use any voice commands to find that info. Simply push the hard “Menu” button on the right side of the stereo, then the soft on screen “System Setup” button, then the soft on screen “System Information” button. Then you will see the current software version as well as the current Gracenotes version. Hope this helps...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It does recognize voice commands. Just not that one.

If I understand you OP correctly, you are trying to figure out what the current software version of the 730N is? Prior to doing the update? If this is correct, then you do not need to use any voice commands to find that info. Simply push the hard “Menu” button on the right side of the stereo, then the soft on screen “System Setup” button, then the soft on screen “System Information” button. Then you will see the current software version as well as the current Gracenotes version. Hope this helps...

That's not the same software version the Uconnect instructions are talking about. Look at the PDF I attached earlier on. It has a picture. The version it wants to see if you have is B:63.03.08 / V:HS:da

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
925 Posts
It does recognize voice commands. Just not that one.

That's not the same software version the Uconnect instructions are talking about. Look at the PDF I attached earlier on. It has a picture. The version it wants to see if you have is B:63.03.08 / V:HS:da

Gotcha. I didn’t catch that before. I have no further advice, but good luck.

·
Registered
2013 SRT 392
5 Posts
I saw a while back you were having the exact same problem I am now having with regards to updating your UCONNECT system. Were you ever able to resolve the problem and update your system?

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
I saw a while back you were having the exact same problem I am now having with regards to updating your UCONNECT system. Were you ever able to resolve the problem and update your system?
Hi Mike, I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2013 SRT 392
5 Posts
Hi Mike, I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Rob
DodgeCares
Rob,
I took all those steps and the usb plugged into the console usb slot flashes but nothing happens on the screen. I tried it on a DVD and CD and nothing those ways either.

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
Rob,
I took all those steps and the usb plugged into the console usb slot flashes but nothing happens on the screen. I tried it on a DVD and CD and nothing those ways either.
Hi Mike, I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble resolving this concern. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2013 SRT 392
5 Posts
Thanks Rob! I will have to take it in because now the system is rebooting itself every few minutes and I can’t seem to fix it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Following, I had the same issue with my 2014 RT. I asked the dealer about updates and they basically said dont update it because I may lose features, so I let it be. Now my system is rebooting every few minutes too. I just installed a Pedal Commander, so I thought it was related to that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts