Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just reached 60k in my Charger Daytona and I noticed my Uconnect screen has a massive air bubble under the display. I live in a hot area so it's possible that it's the heat but now that air bubble has grown into many smaller ones.

I called up Dodge and they told me they won't replace the screen unless there are issues with the way it works if the screen becomes unresponsive.

Anyone else have this or know how to fix it?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,766 Posts
The screen is a "sandwich" of layers. The outer protective/anti-glare screen seems to be delaminating. Nothing but replacement would fix that. It's cosmetic now, if it develops lines, bars, or spots on the video itself, that would be a failure they would cover. You could pursue the current issue with Dodge, argument being it is an assembly, and the whole assembly should be covered. Not sure you'd get anywhere with that though

A Guy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup...just noticed it on my 2018 Challenger with only 9k miles...pretty annoying but glad that you can't notice it that much when the screen is on. It looks like a dried up water spot...

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Well that stinks I'm going to keep an eye on mine.
OP have you tried taking it to a different dealer? I think they should cover a defective product.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2018 Challenger with 11k and in the garage more then out is starting to delaminate. Within a few weeks of buying the car I put legal tint and the windshield film. So it looks like these screens are just cheap crap. Granted I do live in nice warm southwest Florida. Time to see what the dealer will do for me.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,761 Posts
I wonder if this works
"I am concerned that the backup camera image is distorted and I may not notice a small child"
If it is a safety issue...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just hit 50k on my 2018 R/T started small then in one week has grown larger from corner to top corner get ghost touches on the time settings every now and again which gets annoying I have an extended warranty through my Dodge dealer hopefully they will sort it out

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just hit 50k on my 2018 R/T started small then in one week has grown larger from corner to top corner get ghost touches on the time settings every now and again which gets annoying I have an extended warranty through my Dodge dealer hopefully they will sort it out
That's exactly what mine looked like. Had it replaced under warranty last week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts