Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just reached 60k in my Charger Daytona and I noticed my Uconnect screen has a massive air bubble under the display. I live in a hot area so it's possible that it's the heat but now that air bubble has grown into many smaller ones.

I called up Dodge and they told me they won't replace the screen unless there are issues with the way it works if the screen becomes unresponsive.

Anyone else have this or know how to fix it?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts
The screen is a "sandwich" of layers. The outer protective/anti-glare screen seems to be delaminating. Nothing but replacement would fix that. It's cosmetic now, if it develops lines, bars, or spots on the video itself, that would be a failure they would cover. You could pursue the current issue with Dodge, argument being it is an assembly, and the whole assembly should be covered. Not sure you'd get anywhere with that though

A Guy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup...just noticed it on my 2018 Challenger with only 9k miles...pretty annoying but glad that you can't notice it that much when the screen is on. It looks like a dried up water spot...

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Well that stinks I'm going to keep an eye on mine.
OP have you tried taking it to a different dealer? I think they should cover a defective product.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2018 Challenger with 11k and in the garage more then out is starting to delaminate. Within a few weeks of buying the car I put legal tint and the windshield film. So it looks like these screens are just cheap crap. Granted I do live in nice warm southwest Florida. Time to see what the dealer will do for me.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,420 Posts
I wonder if this works
"I am concerned that the backup camera image is distorted and I may not notice a small child"
If it is a safety issue...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just hit 50k on my 2018 R/T started small then in one week has grown larger from corner to top corner get ghost touches on the time settings every now and again which gets annoying I have an extended warranty through my Dodge dealer hopefully they will sort it out

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just hit 50k on my 2018 R/T started small then in one week has grown larger from corner to top corner get ghost touches on the time settings every now and again which gets annoying I have an extended warranty through my Dodge dealer hopefully they will sort it out
That's exactly what mine looked like. Had it replaced under warranty last week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just reached 60k in my Charger Daytona and I noticed my Uconnect screen has a massive air bubble under the display. I live in a hot area so it's possible that it's the heat but now that air bubble has grown into many smaller ones.

I called up Dodge and they told me they won't replace the screen unless there are issues with the way it works if the screen becomes unresponsive.

Anyone else have this or know how to fix it?
Yes I have the same issue brought to the dealerships attention on several occassions only to be told to call chrysler corportion only to be told to take the car to the dealership...Thowing me under the bus that they wont be responsible for the damage unless under warranty. I've taken my radio apart only to find that the bubbly stuff behind the touch screen is coming from a screen protector shield that was not removed when the radio was assembled by the manufacturer; whereas, overtime this screen protector has liquidated into a guiy liquid sticky substance that's causing glitches and repeated issues with the radio controls. Wherefore, this is a manufacturer defect that should be recalled and replaced by chrysler doddge at no cost to the consumer. Please reach out to me to see if we can get a class action suit started against chrysler to delcare this as a defective product that must be recalled and replaced at no cost. Also, I've seen issues with the door panels swelling and buldging from the door frame...This too was brought to the dealership and chrysler to no avail.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Please refrain from posting all caps, it's considered yelling. I wish you luck getting your issue resolved

If you haven't already, PM DodgeCares with your VIN# and any pertinent info and see if they can assist you

A Guy

·
Registered
10,136 Posts
Any similar issues with '15 - '16's?

IIRC, FCA changed vendors for the 8.4 units around '17 ish.

'16 SP, 28k, no bubbles yet.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts
Mine is pristine ;)

A Guy

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I put on one of those touch screen protectors. You know sort of like for your phone screen? it's sort of matte finish so it's less glarey as well. It may help with such issues I think. It's a protective layer over the screen

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same issue with my 2017 Challenger, and it looks like it’s a common issue for a lot of people. This sounds more like a manufacturing defect than anything. Sad thing is, my car is one month of out warranty, and this just started happening. It makes driving my car absolutely infuriating as I get ghost touches on the screen constantly switching the radio station, changing the temperature, and making phone calls. I called the dealership I bought my car from, and they want $1500 to replace it. This is ridiculous.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,558 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Sorry your first post has to be with a problem. With your warranty expired so recently, I'd contact Dodge about a good will repair. You can link them to this thread, and let them know it's a common thing. Have them contact your dealer to confirm it wasn't physical damage. I'm not sure if DodgeCares can assist you in this matter. Would be worthwhile to send them a PM with your VIN#, and info on your dealer, etc.

A Guy

Reactions: Earl9662

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a similar issue in my 18. Dealer is replacing under warranty this week.
I took mine to the dealer today for the same reason and they are trying to say it may be my fault. I am well within my warranty. How did you get them to replace it?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I took mine to the dealer today for the same reason and they are trying to say it may be my fault. I am well within my warranty. How did you get them to replace it?
I bought the vehicle used and it already had the bubble. Not sure how it's your fault, there are several members with the same issue and some folks with non-Challenger Dodge vehicles experiencing the same issue. Wonder if you can try a different dealer.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Definitely not your fault. I would try a different dealer. They should replace that without question - it's an issue I heard about more often than I'd expect....

1 - 20 of 58 Posts