Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I would like to know if there is any way to deactivate the incoming SMS notification that always interrupts the music. It's not like if this feature is really a must have because it only read the name of the sender out loud and the worst is that some of my friends like to send me multiple sms in a row so this is getting just more annoying.

I haven't found it in the settings on the uconnect or on my cellphone. I have the 8.4 uConnect and a Samsung Galaxy note 4 with Android 5.1.

·
Registered
GCM 2015 Challenger
55 Posts
I'm not exactly sure how to disable it but mine reads the entire message if you press the "Listen" button when a new message comes in.

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
34 Posts
Hello,

I would like to know if there is any way to deactivate the incoming SMS notification that always interrupts the music. It's not like if this feature is really a must have because it only read the name of the sender out loud and the worst is that some of my friends like to send me multiple sms in a row so this is getting just more annoying.

I haven't found it in the settings on the uconnect or on my cellphone. I have the 8.4 uConnect and a Samsung Galaxy note 4 with Android 5.1.
did you look at the phone's pairing device properties? I use iOS, so was thinking its similar on Android. When selecting the paired device on iOS, you can edit setting for sharing or not sharing phone book as well as if sms messages should be shared.

if not try this thread

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did you look at the phone's pairing device properties? I use iOS, so was thinking its similar on Android. When selecting the paired device on iOS, you can edit setting for sharing or not sharing phone book as well as if sms messages should be shared.

if not try this thread
Well I don't have any setting like this in android unfortunately. I will try to pair my phone again to see if I can change something because I remember when I pair a new device it ask if I want to share phone book and there's a check box like "dont ask this again".

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes, if you unpair the phone from the car and delete it out of the uconnect, you can re-pair the phone and during the connection process you will be asked if you want to allow acces to your messages and your phonebook/contacts. Don't allow access to messages and it should disable that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It worked !! I had to unpair the phone and re-pair it then I've declined the access to my message and allowed my phonebook/contact. Now I can finally receive sms and still listening to my music :D

Thanks everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts