Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have an answer for you regarding the nav issues (posted this over on the 8.4 nav system thread as well), hopefully none of you are still experiencing it:

I reached out to our Uconnect team about this and they are aware that navigation was “resetting” and “activating” within certain Uconnect 8.4-inch and Uconnect 730N systems. The Uconnect team has worked with its supplier partners to correct the situation.

Please let me know if you are continuing to have this issue.
The navigation issue hasn't show itself as much anymore. So if there was a fix pushed across, it is at least improving. However, the left side control button for going to the next song is still an ongoing issue. Is there any timeline on when these will work accurately?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The navigation issue hasn't show itself as much anymore. So if there w(as a fix pushed across, it is at least improving. However, the left side control button for going to the next song is still an ongoing issue. Is there any timeline on when these will work accurately?
Mine works great and it has gotten a workout lately because I got a used phone and a young girl used to own it...
Anyway, it works flawless for me so maybe you have another problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an answer for you regarding the nav issues (posted this over on the 8.4 nav system thread as well), hopefully none of you are still experiencing it:

I reached out to our Uconnect team about this and they are aware that navigation was “resetting” and “activating” within certain Uconnect 8.4-inch and Uconnect 730N systems. The Uconnect team has worked with its supplier partners to correct the situation.

Please let me know if you are continuing to have this issue.

Jack, so what was done? I did a 450 round trip drive over this holiday weekend, and specifically "tested" the nav system. I used just the map view as well as inputing a destination for directions. It calculated and performed without lockup or restart for well over an hour without problem. I exited the system at that time. Something seems to have been done to correct the restarting error which used to occur nearly every 10 min at its worst.

What about map updates as many roads are missing. Granted a lot of construction in north Texas, but many roads have been open for over a year and still don't show. Finally, which company (Garmin, Magellan, etc) produce the nav software in our Challengers?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
To dodge cares,
when do you expect the update on the usb to be mailed out?
boot807,

The update being discussed in this thread has already been automatically completed. Are you referring to a different update?

The navigation issue hasn't show itself as much anymore. So if there was a fix pushed across, it is at least improving. However, the left side control button for going to the next song is still an ongoing issue. Is there any timeline on when these will work accurately?
ckeysvt,

You may be experiencing a separate concern altogether. What exactly is happening when you push that button? Also, have you brought this to the attention of a FCA dealership?

Jack, so what was done? I did a 450 round trip drive over this holiday weekend, and specifically "tested" the nav system. I used just the map view as well as inputing a destination for directions. It calculated and performed without lockup or restart for well over an hour without problem. I exited the system at that time. Something seems to have been done to correct the restarting error which used to occur nearly every 10 min at its worst.

What about map updates as many roads are missing. Granted a lot of construction in north Texas, but many roads have been open for over a year and still don't show. Finally, which company (Garmin, Magellan, etc) produce the nav software in our Challengers?

Thanks!
Loader,

I'm unaware of what specifically was done to fix this, as I am not on the technical side of the company.

Regarding map updates, if eligible, they are available here: Chrysler Group | Home | HERE

HERE Maps produces our Uconnect navigation software.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
276 Posts
I just realized I have the same problem as you! I listen to music on my SD Card 90% of the time and with the massive amount of music on there when I skip to the next song using my left button and it plays again I had always assumed I accidentally put the song on there twice! Now I'm rethinking that and I intend to pull that SD Card and double check when it happens again.

I have two questions. Do you experience this with other media sources? I don't. Also, sometimes for me it will skip to the same song three times. Does this ever happen to you as well? Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boot807 View Post
To dodge cares,
when do you expect the update on the usb to be mailed out?
boot807,

The update being discussed in this thread has already been automatically completed. Are you referring to a different update?

Sorry I was asking about update 15-17-5 for 8.4an
i belive the company was mailing out thumb drives with the update. I was wondering when I could expect to receive it?

Thanks

·
Registered
504 Posts
I posted another thread. The problem I'm having with mine, is that whenever I start the car, my audio reverts back to speed adjusted volume. Even though it says off, the volume gets lower when I come to a stop. I have to set it to ON, then turn it off. Weird!
Everything else works fine.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Started my car before leaving work tonight via remote. Got in and uConnect screen was dark. No buttons or anything else however the radio was playing fine. I could change all the station from the steering wheel but nothing on the screen. Anyone else have this happen? this is my 2015 R/T Plus 8.4

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
FormerBirdy mine started blacking out (15 SP) periodically where I had nothing including all track functions. I had six visits where they updated,changed parts and finally after several months the 2nd new unit fixed the issue.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I went to the garage this morning to try it out and my screen worked now. I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into something else. I forgot to mention before that when the screen was out, my heated seats and wheel didn't work either.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts