Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I downloaded the latest software onto an empty memory stick, downloaded the instructions from UConnect, followed the prompts, and it worked! Took about a half hour of idling in the parking lot at work.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
701 Posts
Uconnect has suggested in the past going to an empty area, without guardrails or other large metal objects (like an empty parking lot ), and driving counter clockwise at least five times in a tight circle to recalibrate the GPS

A Guy
Is there a recommendation for how much throttle to apply while doing this?
Last time I tried this I needed new tires afterwards.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I downloaded the latest software onto an empty memory stick, downloaded the instructions from UConnect, followed the prompts, and it worked! Took about a half hour of idling in the parking lot at work.
I did the same and got a “files not supported” error. I then extracted the files from the zip folder and tried again. Same error. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I did the same and got a “files not supported” error. I then extracted the files from the zip folder and tried again. Same error. Suggestions?

Update: I formatted the memory stick and re-downloaded the update file from the UConnect site. Followed the instructions and it worked like a charm. Checked all functions and they’re fine. Navigation says to calibrate by driving on a highway with a clear view of the sky. I was expecting something like the counter clockwise doughnuts in a parking lot.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Same here. Started about 2 weeks ago, where my GPS is off by 10-15 miles. I've got a 2017 T/A Plus.

According to the UConnect website, no updates are available for my VIN Number.

I was at the dealership on Saturday, and they were stumped --- their only advice was "Your radio is up-to-date, so you should contact UConnect."

Already tried the basics --- pulled the Radio fuse, and disconnected the battery for 20+ minutes. Hopefully the UConnect folks can help.
I live in CT. and had this problem with my 2017 Challenger GT a few months back. When I put it in navigation mode it showed my starting point was a few states away. I called Uconnect and they told me to drive the car in circles counterclockwise 5 times and it should reset. I drove it both ways did figure 8's and nothing. The last time I ended up in Long Island sound floating around in the water. They ended up replacing the whole radio under warranty but it took like 6 weeks to get the new radio.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T 392 6 speed manual
93 Posts
Ok, so I’m now part of the group experiencing this issue on my 2018. GPS is showing that I’m located 50 miles away. No updates available for my vin on the Uconnect site. I can’t enter the engineering menu on my unit with the ‘hold up and down temp buttons’ trick to check my version. Suggestions or mandatory dealership visit at this point?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hold the up temp, down temp, and the front defrost. Hold for about 3-5 seconds.

Then you'll get a menu, where you can check Radio/Software information. Won't allow you to "fix" anything, but at least you can provide the Dealership & Dodge with your info.

As far as I know, no fix/update has been released for the 2017-2018 Challengers (you should have the Panasonic radio, right?)

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
Ok, so I’m now part of the group experiencing this issue on my 2018. GPS is showing that I’m located 50 miles away. No updates available for my vin on the Uconnect site. I can’t enter the engineering menu on my unit with the ‘hold up and down temp buttons’ trick to check my version. Suggestions or mandatory dealership visit at this point?
Hi Thefastlane, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, it sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. The files for software level 18.45.01 is currently available on driveUconnect.com. I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Alison
DodgeCares

I out my vin in on uconnect says I do t need update but I dont have the 18.45.01 update on radio and my GPS nav. Is stuck In a different city how can I get the update to a USB

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
I out my vin in on uconnect says I do t need update but I dont have the 18.45.01 update on radio and my GPS nav. Is stuck In a different city how can I get the update to a USB
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) What version do you have? I don't think there has been an update for the 2017. Believe it's at 16.8xxx

A Guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 GT, the same issue, my nav is off by about 150 miles to the south. My vin does not have an update available. Software says it's running 18.48.1. Tried the vol/tune and it just shuts the radio off. Tried depressing upper right corner of the screen, does nothing. Tried the reset from the uconnect apps setting feature, all it did was wipe out my radio presets :)

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,000 Posts
Does it actually say 18.48.1? I have looked at several 2018 GT vins from car guru and the uconnect site just says they are up to date, no firmware version given.

As far as I know, firmware 18.45.1 (could not find anything on 18.48.1) is for 2015-2016 models.

If the car is still under warranty I would just take it to the dealership and have them fix it.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
2018 GT, the same issue, my nav is off by about 150 miles to the south. My vin does not have an update available. Software says it's running 18.48.1. Tried the vol/tune and it just shuts the radio off. Tried depressing upper right corner of the screen, does nothing. Tried the reset from the uconnect apps setting feature, all it did was wipe out my radio presets :)
My 2018 Hellcat is manifesting something similar. NAV has car anywhere from 40 to 20 miles off position.

uConnect web site says car has up to date radio software.

Took car to dealer. Tech confirmed NAV goofy. I'm sure he tried various resets/etc to no avail. Chrysler was contacted. Said there was a radio software update available and the tech downloaded it. Takes an hour. 10GB of code/data (probably mostly data, NAV map data). The update was applied. Did not help. Chrysler was contacted again. And apparently there is yet a 2nd update date available.

A week later had the car in and this 2nd update was applied. Same result as first update. NAV unit still not working right.

Tech removed bezel (?) and from behind this was able to get the radio number to know which replacement radio to order. New radio supposedly ordered. This was on June 16. Still no word from dealer that radio is in.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,000 Posts
My 2018 Hellcat is manifesting something similar. NAV has car anywhere from 40 to 20 miles off position.

uConnect web site says car has up to date radio software.

Took car to dealer. Tech confirmed NAV goofy. I'm sure he tried various resets/etc to no avail. Chrysler was contacted. Said there was a radio software update available and the tech downloaded it. Takes an hour. 10GB of code/data (probably mostly data, NAV map data). The update was applied. Did not help. Chrysler was contacted again. And apparently there is yet a 2nd update date available.

A week later had the car in and this 2nd update was applied. Same result as first update. NAV unit still not working right.

Tech removed bezel (?) and from behind this was able to get the radio number to know which replacement radio to order. New radio supposedly ordered. This was on June 16. Still no word from dealer that radio is in.
Do you know what version software your uconnect is running now?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts