Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T 392 6 speed manual
93 Posts
My 2018 Hellcat is manifesting something similar. NAV has car anywhere from 40 to 20 miles off position.

uConnect web site says car has up to date radio software.

Took car to dealer. Tech confirmed NAV goofy. I'm sure he tried various resets/etc to no avail. Chrysler was contacted. Said there was a radio software update available and the tech downloaded it. Takes an hour. 10GB of code/data (probably mostly data, NAV map data). The update was applied. Did not help. Chrysler was contacted again. And apparently there is yet a 2nd update date available.

A week later had the car in and this 2nd update was applied. Same result as first update. NAV unit still not working right.

Tech removed bezel (?) and from behind this was able to get the radio number to know which replacement radio to order. New radio supposedly ordered. This was on June 16. Still no word from dealer that radio is in.
That’s the experience that I am anticipating. Are they getting you a new one or refurbished?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
That’s the experience that I am anticipating. Are they getting you a new one or refurbished?
The service advisor I recall said a "new radio" would be ordered. "Replacement radio" was also used at some point but I didn't hear "refurbished" used any.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T 392 6 speed manual
93 Posts
The service advisor I recall said a "new radio" would be ordered. "Replacement radio" was also used at some point but I didn't hear "refurbished" used any.
New is the way to go but that’s not always the first approach. What state are you in or what dealership are you using? I’m in NJ but bought my car in NC, so I don’t have any experience with dealerships around me. Since I didn’t buy locally and do my own service, I’ll probably be treated as a nobody.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts