Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Yellow-Jacket Scat Pack
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can answer this. My 8.4 Uconnect in my 2018 Challenger went bad. The dealership replaced it which is great, things go bad sometimes. My question is this, what is the latest software version and how do I verify this? I was checking on map updates but the map folks said they have not produced any for that model yet and may have one next year. Basically I am trying to confirm this radio is new and up to date.
When I asked the dealership about this they just said it has what it came with???

·
Registered
2019 Challenger shaker 392 scat pack.
49 Posts
My newish 2019 with low miles glitches bad. It’s the 8.4 as well. I was wondering the same question if there’s an update to freshen it up. Everyday when plugging in my iPhone which is also brand new and up to date the screen goes white and you need to unplug and plug it in several times for it to not be a blank white screen. Last week it was stuck on the reverse camera screen for an hour. Got to watch cars behind me while driving til it went normal on its own (turning the car on and off didn’t help) then befor that the screen was stuck blue. Sometimes it will be fine for weeks...!? I’ve never been able to connect it via Bluetooth with that code it gives you either.

my wife has a 2017 scat with the same screen and hers does weird freezing and glitches often too.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,756 Posts
Try this

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Yellow-Jacket Scat Pack
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Yes but this is a new radio in this car so i don't have a warm fuzzy that the VIN will be pulling up the information for the current radio vs the new one
Which should have been married to your vin, which would give you the correct info. When a new radio is installed, I'll assume it's similar to wranglers, as those radios are sold all the time. Those radios have a PIN and those PINs are needed to make it work with the new vehicle it's going into.

You can also try a manual update. It's also possible the radio can be updated over the air ( OTA )

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
170 Posts
My clock is off by 2 or 3 hours now. I do not know when it all got confused. Do you need to manually adjust the time or will it get the right time based on the timezone, dates, and so on?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,756 Posts
Check if the GPS option is on or off. If off, try turning it on. If on, try turning it off and set time manually

A Guy

Reactions: RickBlue
1 - 8 of 8 Posts