Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any issues pairing the Sprint EVO phone with the MyGig's Uconnect? i want to change my blackberry with the EVO.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

I have the Evo and Mygig RBZ with Uconnect. I had no issues pairing and once the phone is connected it works great. The issues I have are when I get into the car with bluetooth already enabled on my phone it seems to connect and drop out for a bit not allowing me to make calls. Im not sure if it is when it is trying to download the address book. If I manually turn off bluetooth on the phone and then back on, it works fine. I also dont believe you can do bluetooth audio or I just havent been able to figure it out.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I have my Blackberry paired with my RER and have no issues. One thing to be careful of, don't encrypt your contacts as the car will not be able to show caller ID (outside the number) nor voice dial contacts with it enabled and locked. I found this out experimenting ...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sprint EVO here and no issues works like a charm!

·
Premium Member
2016 Challenger Hellcat, Plum Crazy Purple, A8 (Grape Ape)
3,601 Posts
Same here. My EVO works just like any other phone in the car. I ugraded my Sprint Blackberry with my EVO too.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, i got my new EVO today. i still need to activate it, but the sprint website isn't working right.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've had issue with my sprint EVO. RER. Pairing works and things are fine. However after a few days I loose the audio. Call comes in but can't hear them nor can they hear me. Delete and re-pair and thing work great for a few more days. Just updated to 2.402. Hasn't been long enough to see if it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I don't think this is hijacking the thread, if it is I apologize. I paired my car up with the Samsung Instinct (Sprint). No problems, except the 2nd one of these Instincts just died. My son let me have his Blackberry, which I've successfully paired to the car now as well.

The question is how can I make the BlackBerry seamless in transferring the calls to the car? When a call comes in I'll get a prompt (Blackberry) on whether I want it to try and connect, which when driving kind of defeats the purpose of "hands free". Is there a setting on the BlackBerry that will make it automatic and seamless? I've looked but can't find it.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when the blackberry is within range of the paired bluetooth device, a window will pop up (on the blackberry) asking if you want to connect. there is also a message that says don't ask again. if you put a check mark next to the don't ask again message and then select connect, it connect automatically each and every time after that.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay, i have the EVO activated and paired with the Uconnect (no issues there). however, since i had bluetooth enabled all day, it drained the EVO's battery in 18 hours. 22% of the batteries usage was from bluetooth.

is that normal? i didn't even make a call with bluetooth and i was only paired for 90 minutes. why would bluetooth be using power all day?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
when the blackberry is within range of the paired bluetooth device, a window will pop up (on the blackberry) asking if you want to connect. there is also a message that says don't ask again. if you put a check mark next to the don't ask again message and then select connect, it connect automatically each and every time after that.
Excellent! Found it and corrected it. Thanks!:)

·
Registered
302 Posts
okay, i have the EVO activated and paired with the Uconnect (no issues there). however, since i had bluetooth enabled all day, it drained the EVO's battery in 18 hours. 22% of the batteries usage was from bluetooth.

is that normal? i didn't even make a call with bluetooth and i was only paired for 90 minutes. why would bluetooth be using power all day?

If your getting 18 hours of an EVO battery ide say your doing pretty good.

Bluetooth is a radio just like having the 3G or 4G on it will drain the battery even more so if your talking thru the bluetooth.

·
Premium Member
2016 Challenger Hellcat, Plum Crazy Purple, A8 (Grape Ape)
3,601 Posts

Oh yeah. It's a battery hog even with the bluetooth off. I have mine on a charger when in the car using bluetooth and/or navigation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you are talking on the phone (EVO) with bluetooth enabled and you get in and start the car, does the call transfer immediately to the car bluetooth once uconnect finds the phone? Mine attempts to do that but when it switches to the car bluetooth, I cant hear anyone through uconnect or through the phone. I have to disable bluetooth on the phone and then re-enable it for it to transfer correctly. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had no luck pairing my EVO to my challenger. The car prompts you for uconnect setup, pairing.....blaablaablaa, i only have 3G on, not 4G and that doesn't work either.....help!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
What radio do you have? and what happens after "blaa, blaa, blaa? It wouldn't matter what "G" you have on, that has nothing to with it?

I had no luck pairing my EVO to my challenger. The car prompts you for uconnect setup, pairing.....blaablaablaa, i only have 3G on, not 4G and that doesn't work either.....help!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts