Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year I buy a New Tracfone and get 1500mins and 1500 Text along with 1500 Data for around $60.
This is the 1st time I hooked up my Android phone with the Usb cord and I get the Android App on the Uconnect on my 2020 challenger Scat Pack.
Anywaysssss I still have Mins on my Tracfone good till Oct 8th and NO data left.
And I am still able to get Google Maps and Iheart Radio with ZERO Data on the phone.Always thought when you have NO data left you lose everything with the apps?.................JT

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,010 Posts
The apps will still be installed on the phone, and you will be able to open them, but Google Maps won’t be able to load new locations and iHeartRadio won’t be able to stream any stations.

You can get a MyFi to provide a WiFi signal for the phone to get its data through, but that would require paying for data for the MyFi device and I’m guessing that defeats the purpose of what you’re doing with the TracFones in the first place.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I think you may possibly download offline maps for the area you plan on going from wifi. I think you can set your phone to airplane mode or turn off all cellular data on your phone so you aren't using anymore to avoid overages. That way I think you'll still be able to navigate with the map area saved. It won't have up to date traffic info but it will still get you where you need to go.

I'm not sure about iheart radio. I'm assuming it's streaming and there isn't an option for downloading for offline usage.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your info......
As I said I have ZERO Data Left(1500MB per year I get with Tracfone}
Have WIFI shut Off on the Android phone buttttt still able to use Google maps on Uconnect buttttt will
have to look into it atads more the next few days.
But iHeart Radio works with whatever station I want without Data on the Phone,Now thats a hoot
Screw XM radio lol.........JT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.