Registered
238 Posts
I believe the 2017+ systems do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uconnect Update Version 17.11.07

FCA and the Uconnect team suck, I'm pretty sure the system is capable of doing Apple Carplay or Android Auto.

Here is what the update includes.

Uconnect Update Version 17.11.07

The following improvements are included in this update:
· Adds Apple Siri® Eyes Free capability for iPhone® owners.
· Auto Play can now be configured.
· Adds do not disturb text message feature.
· The ability to drag and drop icons into the menu bar.
· Fix for radio locks up/frozen.
· Fix for stuck on black/blank screen.
· Human Machine Interface (HMI) improvements.
· Several navigation improvements.
· Fix for radio loses time.
· Charge Complete notification is not received (RU PHEV only).
· Media devices, Phone pairing and Bluetooth usage improvements.
· Improved tuner performance.
· Enhanced Voice recognition (VR) performance.
· Enhancements in Connectivity Apps (Yelp, Pandora, Aha, etc).

·
Registered
281 Posts
I believe 2017+ with nav has Apple Car Play and Android Auto. Real experts will confirm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure about that, my buddy just picked up a 17 Grand Cherokee and his system is the same as mine (Software Version 17.11.01).

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
My 2018 GT has it. I don't love it as much as I thought I would - Apple Carplay, not the car itself lol

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,695 Posts
2017+ hardware required. Software version nonwithstanding. 2016 and earlier hardware will not do either...or at least Dodge will not make either if the hardware is capable (unlikely)

A Guy

·
Registered
30 Posts
My question with this is, since my 2017 has Apple Carplay, when or if we can connect wirelessly to Carplay? I have the iPhone X which can charge wirelessly but what good is it in upgrading to wireless charging phone mounts if I still have to be connected for Carplay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My question with this is, since my 2017 has Apple Carplay, when or if we can connect wirelessly to Carplay? I have the iPhone X which can charge wirelessly but what good is it in upgrading to wireless charging phone mounts if I still have to be connected for Carplay.
It’s not a Chevy lol I hate that my 2016 doesn’t have apple car just love apple car play they just want us to buy a new one then after that wireless charging coming in 2022.. I really hope they but heads up display on the scats and UP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts