Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of my new (to me) 2014MY Challenger,

However, already come across my first issue. I'm finding when I have paired up my phone (Oneplus 3T, Andriod version 7.1.1) to the Uconnect for the first time, it worked fine for the trip back from the previous owners place. But when I came to hop back in the car to go on my next trip, the phones media had failed to connect

Bit of trouble shooting thought it may just be my phone, so I tested it with an ipod, connected up fine. Stopped the car, and relaunched the infotainment and suddenly failed to connect.

Oddly enough though, I still have all the phone functions when the phone is connected. I went into my bluetooth settings on the phone and media was greyed out, and no number of clicking and reclicking was checking the little box to share media.

I managed to somehow reconnect once, but I couldnt even say how that happened. Number of frustrated button mashings later and suddenly I had audio again.

Anyone have any idea or indications to what this might be? Unfortunatly, i can't just go to a dealer for them to investigate as I'm in the UK!

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,

Bit more on this,

I have attempted to update the Uconnect software with no success. As part of confirming the current software version, following "Service Bulletin ID: 08-020-17" (unable to link the document I found online, but plugging that in to google will bring up a PDF from a wk2jeeps website)

It talks about checking to see if the HFM is communicating. My audio system just says "Uconnect Phone" rather than the "Uconnect Ready...Beep" that the above document says should be heard.

I have still attempted saying "Setup-Software Update" as outlined in the document with no success.

Additionally, another website stated that I should have the anti-theft number available when I eventually do get to update the software. I dont have this available in the service book I have with the car. Is this obtainable though the system?

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,625 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, A Guy.

Just a bit more on this again (i'm still chuggin my way through this trying to learn what's up)

And noted that my infotainment system is an RHR type, so that would be the 730N type?

If that's correct the above linked document only refers to the 430 & 430N type infotainment systems, and I may be going about this process wrong.
Also, when I plugged my VIN into the Uconnect website, it's trying to give me an update for an RSP system (going via the name on the download, as seen in the attached image below)

Do I need to seek the correct update for an RHR type unit? I'm struggling to find any step by step guide fromt he google machine

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
i just bought a 2016 and am having a similar issue...

I'm pairing an iPhone to the vehicle and though it connects just fine the vehicle forgets the connection unless I go into the vehicle and re-pair the equipment..

its not an overall tragedy, just one of those little things the vehicle offers that doesn't quite work all the way... apparently the text feature doesn't work either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts