Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 8.4" uconnect Challenger SXT. When the headlights are on and the dial is all the way up but still in night mode, the dash is a little too dim and the uconnect is a lot too dim. I know I can click it up and stay in daytime mode, but I would like it somewhere between the two.

I don't see anything in the settings, but thought maybe ther was a hidden trick or some flash that can be done or something.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
352 Posts
Hi,

I've noticed the same thing in my 2020, takes a bit for the eyes to adjust, would be nice if there was a in-between range.

Hopefully someone has a fix or setting that can be tweaked

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I noticed the same thing when I first got my Challenger. My Chevy is "smart" enough to know when it's daylight out to keep the gauges and screen bright enough to see, even if the headlights are on - but the Challenger dims the radio screen and gauges no matter what when the headlights are on. Nothing you can do about it other than putting it in "Parade Mode" manually with the dial...

Kind of silly being that they have a light sensor right on the dash. They should use that to adjust the screen/gauge brightness instead of whether the headlights are on or not (basically, use different ambient light levels to control the auto headlights and the screen/gauge brightness).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
Yeah, it's been posted about before, and same on my car, not quite, but almost "all or nothing", not much range of adjustment. There are Display Mode settings for Headlights On and Headlights Off

A Guy

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts