Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ‘18 Ram 1500 sport I’ve owned for a little over a year and the display screen is going crazy. I can’t access anything and it’s over a month before a dealership can get me in to even diagnose the main issue. Does anyone know how to get in contact with @DodgeCares?
I’ve tried changing the fuse and everything the only thing I can think is the film is bad on the screen. Any answers will help. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye
882 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jjgibson8

FYI We have a member here;

DodgeCares; About Me: The official account for Dodge Customer Care. Got a question? We’d love to help! For inquiries, please send us a private message with the make, model year, and mileage of your vehicle. Staffed M-F 7:30am-5:30pm EST by the Stellantis Social Engagement Team. I'm pretty sure they will reply shortly or you could start a discussion with them and they would be more than happy to assist you (y)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,851 Posts
You're too new, they will have to contact you. Hopefully they will see this and reply

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
I have an ‘18 Ram 1500 sport I’ve owned for a little over a year and the display screen is going crazy. I can’t access anything and it’s over a month before a dealership can get me in to even diagnose the main issue. Does anyone know how to get in contact with @DodgeCares?
I’ve tried changing the fuse and everything the only thing I can think is the film is bad on the screen. Any answers will help. Thanks.
Hello Jjgibson8,

We're happy to send a private message to discuss further. We'll be in touch soon.

Steph
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had that exact situation on my '18 SP. It was like a ghost pushing buttons.
It was screen delamination.
With the screen off, check for delamination. You'll spot it looking at an angle, along the edges and corners.
Dodge replaced mine under warranty.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
View attachment 1063266

So you just interjected to tell everyone you have 6 Challengers? Weird
Did you read my posts carefully? I said I've never had a problem with that and I've owned 6 of them... Point being 6/6 have never had a problem. Where did I say this doesn't happen to anyone ever? Your screen shots reflect this.
You posted: "@MuscleCarProf says screen delaminating doesn't happen" I didn't say it never happens to anyone, I said it hasn't happened to me and I've owned several. You ok? Obviously I hit a nerve there.
If you need to reread I've included the link for your convenience. Have a good weekend.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 18 Ram just went through same problem. Screen delaminated from the top and spread down. Before it got too bad I ordered a new lcd monitor online. Local car audio shop swapped it out in 30 minutes. Common problem on 17 and 18 model years in all FCA. From what I’ve read LG has updated all the new replacement monitors with new part number. Sounded like they used bad adhesive in original part number. It’s a shame that FCA and UConnect doesn’t address this major problem. Only covered under warranty which is sad because this is such known widespread defect. Lots of folks get suckered into buying entire new 8.4 head units and it’s a simple 6 screw replacement of the LG monitor.

·
Registered
490 Posts
When you do get a new screen don’t use a window cleaner to clean it. Because of the alcohol content it actually make the screen delaminate over repeated use. Once and while (like once a year) you’re probably fine but I recommend either use a cleaner specifically made for touch screens or just use plain distilled water, dampen a microfiber towel, wipe, buff and you’re good to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts