Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger SXT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place for this, new to this forum (sorry). Just bought a 2018 Challenger SXT yesterday and the UConnect worked fine at the dealership and on the ride home, but when I went to drive it today, it was frozen on the "Dodge/SiriusXM" boot screen. I've held down the volume and tuner knobs, but it just goes black and lights back up on the same screen when I let go. Any solutions?

·
Premium Member
10,686 Posts
Maybe disconnect the negative battery cable overnight and see if it will reset then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place for this, new to this forum (sorry). Just bought a 2018 Challenger SXT yesterday and the UConnect worked fine at the dealership and on the ride home, but when I went to drive it today, it was frozen on the "Dodge/SiriusXM" boot screen. I've held down the volume and tuner knobs, but it just goes black and lights back up on the same screen when I let go. Any solutions?
I also have a 2018 SXT and occasionally mine does the same thing. When it happens it is usually when I shift into reverse before the "accept" screen goes away. Sometimes it will get stuck with the backup camera frozen or on the screen you described. I shut off the ignition and open the door to kill the radio and let it sit for a couple of minutes. When I restart the car I wait for the "accept" screen to go away and everything functions normally. I have no clue why this happens.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger SXT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe disconnect the negative battery cable overnight and see if it will reset then.
It just worked when I went out for a ride, I'll try that next time if it continues to be an issue.

I also have a 2018 SXT and occasionally mine does the same thing. When it happens it is usually when I shift into reverse before the "accept" screen goes away. Sometimes it will get stuck with the backup camera frozen or on the screen you described. I shut off the ignition and open the door to kill the radio and let it sit for a couple of minutes. When I restart the car I wait for the "accept" screen to go away and everything functions normally. I have no clue why this happens.
I'm not sure why it happens either, but I did press both knobs in right after I started the car and the "Accept" screen came up. It worked like normal after that. It wouldn't come up earlier, not really sure why.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Scat, MMX forged long block, Whipple STG 2
20 Posts
Occasionally my 2016 Scat UConnect also locks up after putting the car in reverse. It has be 3-4 months since the last occurrence. My solution was also to reset by pressing both knobs. Good to go until next time.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
29,000 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Try this reset

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,022 Posts
Occasionally my 2016 Scat UConnect also locks up after putting the car in reverse. It has be 3-4 months since the last occurrence. My solution was also to reset by pressing both knobs. Good to go until next time.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
Dodge Cares

·
Premium Member
2,022 Posts
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
67 Posts
My 2018 has been doing the same thing since I got it a year and a half ago. Freezes right after I start it, only on the Dodge/Sirius screen. No updates available during that time. I have to lock the doors and let it sit for 5 minutes or so then everything is fine until the next time. Happens probably 2 out of every 10 starts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Challenger SXT, I have also had the frozen screen on the Dodge display and some times on the radio screen with the audio still playing even after turning off my car and closing the doors. The last time this happened was 2 days ago when I was picking up some food. It has happened many times that I have grown accustomed to it and just turn off the car and hope by the next time I turn it on it will work so I can listen to my Spotify playlist. I check back on this forum every now and then to see if there is any updates for solutions, since I've taken it too my local dealer twice were on the first visit they disconnected the battery and let it sit for about 15 minutes and I was good to go. On the second visit (which was months later) they wanted to run a diagnostic on the car which I refused since I did not want to pay the fee for them to tell me they could not duplicate the concern at the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts