Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Hellcat Redline Red
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2017 Challenger Hellcat with 8.4 NAV with the 19 speaker Harmon/Kardon system and am experiencing several weird issues I believer are related to the Uconnect system. I've taken to the dealer once and of course they said they could not duplicate the problems, but once I got the car back immediately had them again. Here are the problems I am having. I currently have 32,523 miles on the Vehicle.

1. Subwoofers will not always come on and have to switch between music sources to re activate.
2. Volume associated with speed activates even though not selected.
3. Voice recognition works sporadically.
4. System does not remember preset settings, i.e. if listening to a source and receive a call will automatically default to nav.
5. Speed warning not working at all times (I have mine set to warn at 10mph over posted speed limits).
6. When using remote start function heated seats and steering wheel will not come on even though selected to do so.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,230 Posts
Reads like you have to demo the behavior to the dealer service department. Be sure you can do this.

Then take the car back and demo the behavior.

My WAG is the "radio" is bad and will have to be replaced.

There is the slight possibility that the car's battery may be low and upon engine start the battery voltage dips too low and this "glitches" the radio. That the service department was not able to duplicate the problem because the drive to the dealer replenished the battery enough the low power glitch didn't happen.

(This was the case with my Hellcat when I took it in for a +paddle downshifting instead of upshifting. The +paddle was doing this like crazy the day before I had a ride along scheduled with the shop foreman. Confident the behavior could easily be reproduced I drove 30+ miles to the dealer and the +paddle was perfectly fine. But shop foreman checked and found several low power messages logged in the car's error log -- but the check engine light never came on and there were no active error codes -- and the car was "due" for two updates, one for the PCM the other for the TCM. These were applied and the +paddle behavior went away.)

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Hello all, I have a 2017 Challenger Hellcat with 8.4 NAV with the 19 speaker Harmon/Kardon system and am experiencing several weird issues I believer are related to the Uconnect system. I've taken to the dealer once and of course they said they could not duplicate the problems, but once I got the car back immediately had them again. Here are the problems I am having. I currently have 32,523 miles on the Vehicle.

1. Subwoofers will not always come on and have to switch between music sources to re activate.
2. Volume associated with speed activates even though not selected.
3. Voice recognition works sporadically.
4. System does not remember preset settings, i.e. if listening to a source and receive a call will automatically default to nav.
5. Speed warning not working at all times (I have mine set to warn at 10mph over posted speed limits).
6. When using remote start function heated seats and steering wheel will not come on even though selected to do so.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
Dodge Cares
That is my intention, but as a previous poster mentioned, it's getting them to recreate with a tech.

Reads like you have to demo the behavior to the dealer service department. Be sure you can do this.

Then take the car back and demo the behavior.

My WAG is the "radio" is bad and will have to be replaced.

There is the slight possibility that the car's battery may be low and upon engine start the battery voltage dips too low and this "glitches" the radio. That the service department was not able to duplicate the problem because the drive to the dealer replenished the battery enough the low power glitch didn't happen.

(This was the case with my Hellcat when I took it in for a +paddle downshifting instead of upshifting. The +paddle was doing this like crazy the day before I had a ride along scheduled with the shop foreman. Confident the behavior could easily be reproduced I drove 30+ miles to the dealer and the +paddle was perfectly fine. But shop foreman checked and found several low power messages logged in the car's error log -- but the check engine light never came on and there were no active error codes -- and the car was "due" for two updates, one for the PCM the other for the TCM. These were applied and the +paddle behavior went away.)
Appreciate the reply, recreating the issue will be the problem, unless I drive directly to dealership when problem occurs :) .

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) The attached bulletin had 8 revisions before it was released. Covers a number of issues. Would be worthwhile to have them flash this if it hasn't already been done

A Guy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
That is my intention, but as a previous poster mentioned, it's getting them to recreate with a tech.

Appreciate the reply, recreating the issue will be the problem, unless I drive directly to dealership when problem occurs :) .
I understand. Please let me know if you decide to go this route.

Alison
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) The attached bulletin had 8 revisions before it was released. Covers a number of issues. Would be worthwhile to have them flash this if it hasn't already been done

A Guy
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely check this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts