Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Toyota Sequoia and recently was riding in a BMW i5. When these cars get started (engine on), the navigation map will be shown on the screen (not necessary actually using route guidance). For my Challenger with Uconnect 8.4/8.4 NAV, I tried to figure it out in the setting app but with no successes. Is this impossible for Uconnect? It seems simple and naturally needed for a lot of users.

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
The uConnect setup treats Nav like the other apps - you have to launch it, doesn't automatically start up.

If you've noticed (I have the Nav on my favorite bar) when Nav is off, the icon acts as a compass. Its blank until all the apps load.

Unlike what I've seen on Audi and BMW, they seem to have Nav launch at startup either as a default or user configurable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

The uConnect setup treats Nav like the other apps - you have to launch it, doesn't automatically start up.

If you've noticed (I have the Nav on my favorite bar) when Nav is off, the icon acts as a compass. Its blank until all the apps load.

Unlike what I've seen on Audi and BMW, they seem to have Nav launch at startup either as a default or user configurable.

·
Registered
387 Posts
nav on startup

I have a Toyota Sequoia and recently was riding in a BMW i5. When these cars get started (engine on), the navigation map will be shown on the screen (not necessary actually using route guidance). For my Challenger with Uconnect 8.4/8.4 NAV, I tried to figure it out in the setting app but with no successes. Is this impossible for Uconnect? It seems simple and naturally needed for a lot of users.
If you want just the map to show it will auto start if you use the radio and select the map icon. This option shows the nav in the center section blocking the normally displayed radio data. Since the radio starts up when you turn the car on (as long as you dont use the usb or have media auto startup turned on) you will see the nav in the center section every time you turn on the car or go back to the radio. To turn it off you just hit the map icon again and the nav disappears and the normal radio info is displayed.

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts