Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I received a Uconnect OTA update notice in my car. I get heartburn every time this happens due to their "faulty" past updates. Does anyone know anything about this update? Of course their VIN search Uconnect page doesn't work and I've received no other information.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,738 Posts
I just checked my 2015 RT and it still shows the update that fixed the Nav from late last year. What version firmware is your car currently running?

·
Super Moderator
15,027 Posts
thankfully the updates haven't been the debacle like what got pushed out in late 2016 that messed up Sport Mode that took 9 - 10 months to get cleared up. Most of them seem to be for the operating system more so than changes to the apps

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure. I'll check tomorrow and let you all know.

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
Not sure. I'll check tomorrow and let you all know.
Hi Janson, I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was in a rush yesterday but grabbed a pic of the update notification. The weird thing is that it states to hit the "update now" button. However, there is only a button that says "ok".

Rob, I attempted to to check the Uconnect update site again and it just gives an error (same as the day before).

I'll check my current firmware today. However, it should be the at the latest.

Screenshot_20200214-080432.png

IMG_20200213_130523.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,371 Posts
make sure you have 0 and O correct and I and 1 when typing in your VIN

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,587 Posts
Feel free to PM me your VIN if you'd like me to check. Or post it so anyone can if you want

A Guy

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your help. I believe I found out what happened. It looks like the Uconnect OTA update at the end of last year didn't update properly. I remember kicking it off on two separate occasions and after the second time it never prompted me again. I never verified the software version. I have no idea why my system waited until now to notify me.

Currently, it shows that I am running software version 18.43.01. I believe the update at the end of last year was 18.45.01 which was primarily a GPS update for NAV (which I don't use).

For some reason it seems these updates always come before a planned track event which make me extremely nervous. The last thing I want is a failed update to kill my Uconnect preventing me from tracking my car.

Guy, my VIN is 2C3CDZFJ8FH773913 if you would like to check. Thanks in advance for your help.

IMG_20200217_121858.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,587 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,738 Posts
That is the firmware that supposedly fixes the GPS/Nav from back in September/October. Apparently after a certain date in November (I forgot the actual deadline) the GPS would accuracy would suffer. It was supposed to be OTA update but they made it available on the uconnect site just in time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The dealer just had my 2018 GT for three days as my nav system kept insisting my car was in Greenland, New Hampshire while I was no where near there (I live in Massachusetts). It started after I had my car in for the cruise control recall at the end of last year. Thankfully the car is still under warranty and they are ordering another radio as they said my current system will not accept the update. They said the radio is on back order (I'm not surprised) and it could take a couple of weeks before they get it in. I'm just wondering is there anything I should watch out for once they replace the radio/nav system? Does changing the radio affect anything else in the car? I mean the technology in these cars is so temperamental.

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
Thank you all for your help. I believe I found out what happened. It looks like the Uconnect OTA update at the end of last year didn't update properly. I remember kicking it off on two separate occasions and after the second time it never prompted me again. I never verified the software version. I have no idea why my system waited until now to notify me.

Currently, it shows that I am running software version 18.43.01. I believe the update at the end of last year was 18.45.01 which was primarily a GPS update for NAV (which I don't use).

For some reason it seems these updates always come before a planned track event which make me extremely nervous. The last thing I want is a failed update to kill my Uconnect preventing me from tracking my car.

Guy, my VIN is 2C3CDZFJ8FH773913 if you would like to check. Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi Janson, Thank you for following up with that update. We see that you have received some great advice from your fellow forum members! However, if these suggestions do not address your concern and you decide to visit your dealer, our team would be happy to offer additional assistance throughout that process. We are available via private message.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
124 Posts
I posted this in another thread...I checked my 2016 this morning. It shows 18.11.07 which is not on the list. Should I proceed with the 18.45.01 update or do to dealer? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
I posted this in another thread...I checked my 2016 this morning. It shows 18.11.07 which is not on the list. Should I proceed with the 18.45.01 update or do to dealer? Thanks!
Hi Farmer52, Please try to use the link from my previous post.
"I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates "
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
124 Posts
Hi Farmer52, Please try to use the link from my previous post.
"I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates "
Rob
DodgeCares
I checked for updates and YES there is one available. As I mentioned in my post....my radio shows 18.11.07 but this version is NOT listed. I will ask again, should I try to update via USB even if it is not listed or take it to the dealer? Again, my concern is my version 18.11.07 is NOT listed! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
I checked for updates and YES there is one available. As I mentioned in my post....my radio shows 18.11.07 but this version is NOT listed. I will ask again, should I try to update via USB even if it is not listed or take it to the dealer? Again, my concern is my version 18.11.07 is NOT listed! Thanks!
Hi farmer52, I apologize for the confusion. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares

1 - 17 of 17 Posts