Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had asked this before but can't seem to find the post. But anyway. 2016 uconnect, keep paying for it of not. I purchased the year subscription but am now wondering if I should cancel.
Will I loose the gps maps if I do cancel? Also on the app store there is nothing to purchase other than the uconnect and hot spot. I thought I had seen some had other apps such as iheart etc.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
The U-connect and WIFI hot spot are nice, but way over priced in my opinion.

The good news is if you let it all expire, the NAV will still work. That's all I really care about to be honest.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The U-connect and WIFI hot spot are nice, but way over priced in my opinion.

The good news is if you let it all expire, the NAV will still work. That's all I really care about to be honest.
Thanks. That's awesome

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,441 Posts
your Performance Pages, Nav will all work.

What you'll want to do is delete the accounts you have at the uConnect site. It "hangs up" the apps I mentioned above.

Once the account is deleted, they'll reappear and work.

Its the traffic alerts, weather alerts, hot spots, Pandora and all that other stuff that goes away once your subscription lapses.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your Performance Pages, Nav will all work.

What you'll want to do is delete the accounts you have at the uConnect site. It "hangs up" the apps I mentioned above.

Once the account is deleted, they'll reappear and work.

Its the traffic alerts, weather alerts, hot spots, Pandora and all that other stuff that goes away once your subscription lapses.
Ok cool. I have no clue how to get pandora or anything else from ucconnect store. Only thing that's there is hot spot and links, for purchasing ucconnect.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,120 Posts
if you have SiriusXM it comes with a 5-Yr Subscription for SiriusXM Traffic. You'll still get alerts of traffic issues, and be offered alternate routes. A Guy

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you have SiriusXM it comes with a 5-Yr Subscription for SiriusXM Traffic. You'll still get alerts of traffic issues, and be offered alternate routes. A Guy
Yes I hate that lol. So I guess nothing is down loadable in the app store.
Speed

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,120 Posts
?? hate being told you can save time by taking another route because there is an accident on your original route?

A Guy

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
?? hate being told you can save time by taking another route because there is an accident on your original route?

A Guy
No it is not that I just don't care for XM in general I used to have XM for Year's just don't care for that anymore still don't understand what the App Store is for when there's nothing there LOL I drive 600 miles per night on my job I have quite a few resources to get around detours Etc LOL

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,120 Posts
XM for the price is great when you want a change from your own media playlist. $60 a year is $5 a month, so no big deal IMHO

A Guy

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
XM for the price is great when you want a change from your own media playlist. $60 a year is $5 a month, so no big deal IMHO

A Guy
I got you my friend and understand I usually use Amazon Prime music or Pandora I thought XM was more expensive than that I know it used to be

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,120 Posts
They will eventually offer you $30 for 6 months, when you balk at that, they offer $99 for 12 months. I finally said if it's $60 for 12 months before I have to cancel, I'll give it a go...lo and behold, that works, lol. It really doesn't cost them much, if anything to add your car to their active list. the satellites are still there blasting out the signal regardless. Anything they get from you is better than $0

A Guy

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They will eventually offer you $30 for 6 months, when you balk at that, they offer $99 for 12 months. I finally said if it's $60 for 12 months before I have to cancel, I'll give it a go...lo and behold, that works, lol. It really doesn't cost them much, if anything to add your car to their active list. the satellites are still there blasting out the signal regardless. Anything they get from you is better than $0

A Guy
Yeah it's crazy I had XM with XM was by themselves but it seems to me there's a lot of advertising now and commercials I really don't care to hear them talk LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts