Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Challenger scat pack and my radio here lately has periodically been freezing up just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,195 Posts
I have a 2017 Challenger scat pack and my radio here lately has periodically been freezing up just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.
The NAV in my 2018 Hellcat had me about 40 miles from my true/actual location. Took the car in and the tech confirmed the unit bad. How I don't know. I mean he probably tried some super secret reset or called up some internal test. He contacted Chrysler. Chrysler had him apply try two different up dates but neither one worked. Might add as far as uConnect was concerned the car's software was up to date.

The two updates were not in release yet.

Tech removed front bezel to get some numbers off the radio to order the correct replacement. Replacement in after about a week or so and was installed. Oh, all this under the car's new car warranty.

This was back in early July of this year. Radio/NAV worked fine and was working fine right up until I traded in the car November 14.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
The 2017s are notorious for that

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,195 Posts
Do you know if these units are having to be replaced?
If the unit is bad and it reads like it is then replacement is the only option I know of. AFAIK there the radios are not repairable at least at the dealer.

Well, you can I guess elect to live with the bad radio. Since my Hellcat was under warranty I wanted the radio replaced to have a working NAV system. Also, I was afraid with a bad radio it might spread its badness -- so to speak -- to other things besides the NAV system, like the radio, the heating/AC system controls, the SRT features, etc.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
The 2017s had one bulletin that went through 9 revisions before being replaced with the attached

A Guy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Don't know why, it works, perhaps try downloading and then opening. In any case, it's a software update dealing with a long list of complaints. Whether it works or not...

A Guy

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't know why, it works, perhaps try downloading and then opening. In any case, it's a software update dealing with a long list of complaints. Whether it works or not...
View attachment 1009977
A Guy
Thank you for that basically the problem I've been having is periodically freezing up do you think a update would take care of the problem

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
I think it's probably the first step for you

A Guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts