Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have a 2015 Challenger SXT with the SST group option. It came with a uconnect 4.3S/REB. I want to change that system to an uconnect 8.4AN/RA4 system. Anyone has any idea if this can be done?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, received a response from OEM Auto Parts Co. and sadly it cannot be done. Below is a copy of their response. Looking for a third party arternative.

Sorry but it is not possible to upgrade to the RA4 model radios for a 2015 Challenger.

You would need to stick with the MyGIG setups.

Still interested?

-Tyhler : Sales Manager
407-977-5100 Ext. 102

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, I have a 2015 Challenger SXT with the SST group option. It came with a uconnect 4.3S/REB. I want to change that system to an uconnect 8.4AN/RA4 system. Anyone has any idea if this can be done?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry meant to say 5.3. thanks. I am talking with OEMAutoPartsCO and with Crushfield about a solution. Will let you guys know as soon as i get an answer. The important thing to me, is not to loose any functionality.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Below is part of my conversation with crutchfield.com.

Crutchfield.com
1:24:00 p.m. Crutchfield.com - Email Cart
1:24:06 p.m.Something like this perhaps...

I see. I still use all the controls in the car already. Sorry for repeating myself but
it is very important that I do not loose any thing already in the vehicle. Controls,
setups, etc.

Crutchfield.com
1:32:54 p.m.Correct.

Me
1:32:55 p.m.how is the firmware upgrades for the future
Crutchfield.com
1:33:23 p.m.Downloaded from their webpage on a thumb drive.
Me
1:33:57 p.m.ok and the USB hub in the console still functional right?
Crutchfield.com
1:36:03 p.m.Let me look a bit deeper into that.
Me
1:36:53 p.m.thanks
Crutchfield.com
1:38:14 p.m.Do you have "Phone" buttons on the Steering wheel?
Me
1:39:46 p.m.yes
1:40:06 p.m.phone and voice commands buttons
1:40:18 p.m.plus radio controls
Crutchfield.com
1:42:34 p.m.No one says that you will lose the factory USB, but I can find anywhere
where it says that it is retained. Typically if it will not work anymore we have a note.
The new reciever WILL have USB input, so you will NOT lose any functionality.
You actually gain a lot.

And that last statement was the deal breaker for me at this time. Brand new car and all.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And after 1/2 hour with oemautopartsco.com I received this answer.

OEMAutopartsco.com
You actually need the newer RA4 radios. We don't have any in stock for the Challenger.
I just realized that you have the 2015 model.

oh well at least now We know what we need if/when they become available.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
On the 15s, the radio isn't what you see on the dash. That's only the display/controls.
The radio system is now integrated into the 'telematics' module, which is far more than just a radio now. They've basically integrated the stereo into the car's computers.
The module is mounted under the dash, in front of the glove box. It's non-upgradable, aside from any built-in options that can be flashed in.

Upgrading the sound system is not an easy task any more.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks the information Kruzin. I guess the only way to upgrade will be to go with a third party option and loose some functions. That upgrade will go onto the back burner for now.

Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts