Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Challenger RT. Since I bought it, I’ve been having UConnect/Apple CarPlay issues. Basically, the car randomly stops recognizing my phone when I plug it in and therefore won’t switch over to Apple CarPlay. The phone charges, so the cord works, but it’s just not connected to CarPlay. Usually when this happens, it’ll be for an hour or maybe the day, but it always comes back so I never really looked into it. But this most recent time was this Wednesday, and it hasn’t worked since.

I had one person recommend maybe looking into the fuses. Has anyone had this issue/know a fix?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,529 Posts
What kind of cord are you using? I've had issues with non-standard cords before.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,529 Posts
Just ran across a thread on DIYAudio where someone mentioned a very similar problem with their 2019 Ram truck, and they said the problem ended up being the USB hub in the truck. I'm assuming that means the factory wiring harness with the USB connection on it. That's all the detail they provided though unfortunately...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can report that I am having the same problem. 2018 SPS with a Pixel 2 XL and I've tried a few cords. No luck.

If anyone has the fix, I'd love to hear it and I'll be sure to post if I find something that works.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
I don't use my phone with my Uconnect. But see people having success with USB 3.0 or 3.1 cables. Do you know if your cables are 2.0?

A Guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts