Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 A8 SP that is showing on the web page to update to 16.11. Firstly, should I do this? Secondly if I do decide to make the plunge and do it, is there any reason that I can't be driving while it is done from the usb? I have a bit of a road trip coming up and was thinking of doing it then.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,375 Posts
Ha... when I got my 2015 SRT392 Challenger used in June of last year, within a week it was calling for an update. I never obliged. It asks for me to update it every day. No thanks. It has worked perfectly for me, so I don't bother... not to mention my Sirius radio. Odd that I get requests weekly from Sirius to "come back" for various low price introductory offers. Funny part: I never left. I still get Sirius radio... free. It was supposed to be a 90 days free with a used car purchase. That was 9 months ago. Wondering if doing the update would also cause Sirius to shut down? Just musing. Guess I wonder if all the updates are worth doing. But then I'm kinda weird like that. But, FWIW, everything on my uConnect works perfectly as far as I can tell, without their updates.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's kinda what I'm getting at. I bought mine new in March of 2017 and no issues so just trying to figure out if it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Yeah that's kinda what I'm getting at. I bought mine new in March of 2017 and no issues so just trying to figure out if it's worth it.

Let me guess: your Sirius is due to be shut off soon? Have you updated your uConnect at all since you bought it?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
They were supposed to shut my Sirius radio off on Sept 30. No idea why they didn't. Since that date passed, they seem to assume that it's been shut off, because their marketing dept. sends me emails weekly, offering 6 months for 30 bucks, or 1 year for 60, etc. I've received multiple offers, but never sent them a dime. Just wondering how I slipped between the cracks. I am still enjoying 60's on 6... my fav. Sirius station. Ha... wonder how long this will last? Wonder if updating my uConnect will somehow put me on their radar and result in losing Sirius radio?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They were supposed to shut my Sirius radio off on Sept 30. No idea why they didn't. Since that date passed, they seem to assume that it's been shut off, because their marketing dept. sends me emails weekly, offering 6 months for 30 bucks, or 1 year for 60, etc. I've received multiple offers, but never sent them a dime. Just wondering how I slipped between the cracks. I am still enjoying 60's on 6... my fav. Sirius station. Ha... wonder how long this will last? Wonder if updating my uConnect will somehow put me on their radar and result in losing Sirius radio?

Yeah not sure. I signed up to renew last month on the 60 for the year deal.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
The dealer is supposed to tell XM that the vehicle is sold, to start the trial. I drove a Nissan NV200 for work, and after 2 years, still XM, and XM traffic. I hated to give it up. tech who got it didn't seem to care it had satellite radio!

A Guy

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Yeah not sure. I signed up to renew last month on the 60 for the year deal.

$60 for a year is a good deal. Last month I got $30 for six months (“a courtesy extension of our promotional deal for you sir, a loyal customer”) each for the Challenger and my wife’s car. I asked the rep to extend it to a $60/year deal, and she politely but firmly said no. Said she wasn’t allowed because it was promotional. No prob. I’ll just continue calling every 6 months for the “one-time promotional deal”.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
This is encouraging. Maybe the Caddy dealer where I bought it (can you believe that?) neglected to tell Sirius that it was sold. Whatever. If they shut it off one of these days, so be it. I've got nearly 2000 oldies on my phone that will keep me singing just fine without ever turning the radio on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts