Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I updated my Uconnect software on my 2015 Challenger Scat Pack from version 16.16.13 to the latest 17.11.07. The update installed with no issues, I installed exactly as per
instructions.
After the update, my sport mode button no longer functions. The physical button below the Navigation screen. The virtual modes on the Navigation screen function, however,
It gives the yellow triangle with "!" and says the traction and steering modes can not change level.
Has anyone else experienced and hopefully resolved this?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So ? no one has a fix for this issue? I've known about it for over 6 months now. SOME people did the update with no issue...I thought I may get lucky and be one of those...but nope.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
So ? no one has a fix for this issue? I've known about it for over 6 months now. SOME people did the update with no issue...I thought I may get lucky and be one of those...but nope.
I just went through this exact nightmare. The only fix for your problem is to wait for an over the air update to version 17.11.37. Don't even get me started as to why they continue to host the broken software on the Uconnect site.

You may be wondering how quickly you can expect the update to appear on your screen. Dodge will tell you that they have no ETA. In my case, after complaining to someone new every day, it took about 3 weeks.

Good luck.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sorry to hear that you fell victim to the disastrous patch whoas. Absolutely ridiculous they the broken OTA update is still being pushed to us. I have put my baby away for the winter and hope that come April maybe there will be a newer corrected patch.

I am saddened at how long this has taken to correct. It is bad for the PR brand.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went through this exact nightmare. The only fix for your problem is to wait for an over the air update to version 17.11.37. Don't even get me started as to why they continue to host the broken software on the Uconnect site.

You may be wondering how quickly you can expect the update to appear on your screen. Dodge will tell you that they have no ETA. In my case, after complaining to someone new every day, it took about 3 weeks.

Good luck.
SO? there "is a fix"....thats a good start. I actually went out to the WEB site and downloaded 17.11.07, I've never had it alert me. Who did you complain to?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
SO? there "is a fix"....thats a good start. I actually went out to the WEB site and downloaded 17.11.07, I've never had it alert me. Who did you complain to?
The list is long. I started by complaining to, "Dodge Cares" on this site. This established an open case. Don't expect anything more from this other than the canned response of them saying that there is a fix and it's being pushed over the air only. They will give you no time frame of when though. The person who runs the account is mostly responsive but it's only the typical front line support lines. We're sorry, etc.

I sent an e-mail to the Dodge executive who is in charge of customer care. That resulted in being ignored. Never heard back. His name and e-mail address is at post #100 in the lengthy thread of the other victims who have this problem. Someone linked you to the thread above.

I bombarded Uconnect. Again, ignored.

I called my dealer, Dodge and a friend in the industry out in Detroit. Knowing exactly how the OTA update is done, all it takes is 30 seconds for someone to push the update to your vehicle. All they need is your VIN. 24 hours after this round of complaints, the update appeared on my dash. It took about 5 minutes to apply and when complete, you could set sport mode on the engine again.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The list is long. I started by complaining to, "Dodge Cares" on this site. This established an open case. Don't expect anything more from this other than the canned response of them saying that there is a fix and it's being pushed over the air only. They will give you no time frame of when though. The person who runs the account is mostly responsive but it's only the typical front line support lines. We're sorry, etc.

I sent an e-mail to the Dodge executive who is in charge of customer care. That resulted in being ignored. Never heard back. His name and e-mail address is at post #100 in the lengthy thread of the other victims who have this problem. Someone linked you to the thread above.

I bombarded Uconnect. Again, ignored.

I called my dealer, Dodge and a friend in the industry out in Detroit. Knowing exactly how the OTA update is done, all it takes is 30 seconds for someone to push the update to your vehicle. All they need is your VIN. 24 hours after this round of complaints, the update appeared on my dash. It took about 5 minutes to apply and when complete, you could set sport mode on the engine again.

To be clear....after doing this, the physical button, BELOW, the Nav screen is the one that is now dead...did it fix this?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
To be clear....after doing this, the physical button, BELOW, the Nav screen is the one that is now dead...did it fix this?
The .07 update that you downloaded breaks all sport mode functionality, including that button, which calls to the performance page settings. After you get the new .37 update, you're going to have to go back into performance pages and setup your sport mode settings again. Once they are saved in there, the physical sport mode button will work again.

If you fail to go into performance pages and configure the sport mode settings in there first, the button will not work.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The .07 update that you downloaded breaks all sport mode functionality, including that button, which calls to the performance page settings. After you get the new .37 update, you're going to have to go back into performance pages and setup your sport mode settings again. Once they are saved in there, the physical sport mode button will work again.

If you fail to go into performance pages and configure the sport mode settings in there first, the button will not work.
In the past, only the custom tab allows configuration, sport mode has never allowed changes...for me. I've been on the phone with Dodge and they told me, there is no such update as 17.11.37, it does not exist. I told them (lied of course), I saw it on a friends car..its on there, they all but called me a lair.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
In the past, only the custom tab allows configuration, sport mode has never allowed changes...for me. I've been on the phone with Dodge and they told me, there is no such update as 17.11.37, it does not exist. I told them (lied of course), I saw it on a friends car..its on there, they all but called me a lair.
Yep. Clearly it does not exist. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
At least you have a 2015 and they are willing to push out a fix OTA. Those of us with 2016 manuals also have the same bug but they refuse to fix us with an OTA update.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At least you have a 2015 and they are willing to push out a fix OTA. Those of us with 2016 manuals also have the same bug but they refuse to fix us with an OTA update.
why do you say that? I don’t think year has anyting to do with it? and 9 phone calls in, they say the .37 version does not exist, yet we have a picture of it!!
they told me “a fix is in the makimg, soon” same story for months now.... so yeah i got nothing

·
Registered
410 Posts
why do you say that? I don’t think year has anyting to do with it? and 9 phone calls in, they say the .37 version does not exist, yet we have a picture of it!!
they told me “a fix is in the makimg, soon” same story for months now.... so yeah i got nothing
Well, if you read through the "Sport mode not working after software upgrade" that was on post #2 in this thread you will see that the OTA update fix that DodgeCares is pushing out is ONLY for the 2015s. Reading through that thread you will see that Dodge seems to refuse to acknowledge that the 2016s are affected by burying their heads in the sand on this issue. Multiples of us 2016s owners in that thread have stated that we have the same issue. I PM'd DodgeCares my information multiple times after they promptly forgot that I had PM'd them before in the thread. Even went so far as to make a video showing whats happening. Nothing has come of it and its been 7 months.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well, if you read through the "Sport mode not working after software upgrade" that was on post #2 in this thread you will see that the OTA update fix that DodgeCares is pushing out is ONLY for the 2015s. Reading through that thread you will see that Dodge seems to refuse to acknowledge that the 2016s are affected by burying their heads in the sand on this issue. Multiples of us 2016s owners in that thread have stated that we have the same issue. I PM'd DodgeCares my information multiple times after they promptly forgot that I had PM'd them before in the thread. Even went so far as to make a video showing whats happening. Nothing has come of it and its been 7 months.
Oh hell no! I did not go through all those!...sounds like I made the right move in NOT doing so, as there is no answer. So how do you PM "DodgeCares" (HA..care my thumb!)?
Just PM "DodgeCares" on here? Stupid question, what are the exact steps to PM on here? (Sorry I have about 15 windows with 20 diff subjects going on, not all car related...muti taking hell, can't spend too much time on one thing)

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So after all the calls where is was told 17.11.37 does not exist, after my own dealer was clueless and could only tell me to reinstall the .07
I come to another dealer in town,,. he says pull into bay 1, ’Im familiar with the issue and we have a 17.11.37 update for that
its being installed as I type this. persistence pays off

·
Registered
486 Posts
Do you guys have the 6 speed?

Also, it sounds like you guys have different year cars, with different functionalities.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh I spoke too soon. they ASSURED me it was the 17.11.37 they have, and it does correct the issues. He said it would take 2 hours......after one hour, he comes to me and said they DID indeed download and "have" the .37, but when they went to install it on my car, it said "invalid" and would not let them do it.
I was afraid this would happen, but hoped it would not...it seems when they release the update, it has to be provisioned FOR your VIN. This would make sense of the statement they told me months ago "We release updates WITH certain VIN numbers sets." Oh I was NOT happy when I left there. I told them, they utterly wasted my time.
I feel kind of bad now...at least he was willing and they did "try".
So, back to square one, a deeper dig, and more complex. I have to find someone to not only send me the update, but provision it work with my VIN.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do you guys have the 6 speed?

Also, it sounds like you guys have different year cars, with different functionalities.
I have a 2015 Scat Pack with 8 speed auto. I'm not sure what effects the different drive modes have on a stick? For sure it would change the shift points. On a stick, Default, Custom, Sport (and Track if you have TAZOR or an SRT or hellcat)...would only be able to change the traction, and steering. To me the steering is moot, the Sport and moreso Track mode steering just gets stiffer ...but, its all fake anyway with electronic power steering.
Now the shift points in sport and way moreso in track modes, with an 8 speed auto get crazy quick...its what makes the A8 (in my opinion, shared by many) far far far better than the stick. Trust me, I come from old school, it was hard to convince me of that one...but, it did so in less than my first 10 miles.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts