Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
An update popped up a few weeks ago and wouldn’t stop until I scheduled it. The update didn’t happen when I scheduled it. Randomly, it was updating last week while I was driving, and I don’t think it finished. The update notice still pops up and I cannot use my radio at all, not can I use any other features without the notice popping up. I haven’t had my radio for weeks! I have tried downloading the update from Uconnect, but it does not work. I tried different USBs- still no luck. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,313 Posts
suggestions: pull both battery cables overnight or for several hours. reinstall cables and see if you can get the install screen to pop up.
If so (install prompt pops up): proceed as normal with the install, but drive the car around while its doing it (should take less than an hr). From best I know, the install can encounter connectivity issues & or compete with nearby wifi signals. driving around seems to help for many people who had/have stalled installtions.
If not (no install screen pops up): find the unconn 'reset to factory settings' option and proceeed with that.
If you continue to encounter issues after, you probably need the dealer to get involved.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,007 Posts
I just got the exact, same problem. I posted about it in another thread. I am not happy, and there should be an option to disable or cancel the update, returning everything to its previous state. The live chat feature feature isn't working on mopar.com either.

·
Registered
228 Posts
So this just happened yesterday night..
Is there no way to get rid of this??

I'm traveling state to state today for a funeral service and cant be having my car screwed up 400 miles from home..

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,344 Posts
Can't get rid of it just postpone. According to the TSB if the update is not done by 11-3-2019 there head unit will experience significant GPS errors...or something like that.

·
Registered
228 Posts
So if I push the button that says schedule the update I can postpone the update and use my head unit like normal? This would allow me time to do what I have to do out-of-state today and then get back to Ohio and possibly back to the dealership Monday? Also this is for my 2016 Scat Pack. Man what a pain

·
Registered
228 Posts
Okay so I set the scheduled update for late tonight and I should be back in Ohio by the time I get back in Ohio can I go back in and reschedule the update postpone it essentially for another 24 hours and then get to the dealership?

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Hello,
An update popped up a few weeks ago and wouldn’t stop until I scheduled it. The update didn’t happen when I scheduled it. Randomly, it was updating last week while I was driving, and I don’t think it finished. The update notice still pops up and I cannot use my radio at all, not can I use any other features without the notice popping up. I haven’t had my radio for weeks! I have tried downloading the update from Uconnect, but it does not work. I tried different USBs- still no luck. Thoughts?
I just got the exact, same problem. I posted about it in another thread. I am not happy, and there should be an option to disable or cancel the update, returning everything to its previous state. The live chat feature feature isn't working on mopar.com either.
So this just happened yesterday night..
Is there no way to get rid of this??

I'm traveling state to state today for a funeral service and cant be having my car screwed up 400 miles from home..
Hello Everyone,

We're sorry to learn that you are all experiencing issues with a software update. If you are in need of assistance while at the dealer, please send our team a private message. We can escalate a case on your behalf to the Uconnect Team for additional support with this.

Darlene
Dodge Cares

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,172 Posts
The update loop is common, and the "fix" is either pull fuse of disconnect battery

Another stellar Uconnect update...geez

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,344 Posts
IMO the OTA is a waste of bandwidth but I think they are doing it because if the software is not updated the Nav will be inaccurate and they want to avoid people from driving off the road I guess. Could you imagine if the tesla auto pilot used uconnect. :p

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,344 Posts
The update loop is common, and the "fix" is either pull fuse of disconnect battery

Another stellar Uconnect update...geez

A Guy
If you disconnect the battery for some time, put something over the locking mechanism so you don't accidentally lock the trunk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts