Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am not sure how to get my Uconnect updated? Any ideas to know when was my Uconnect updated last time?

I also want to update the navigation on my 2017 dodge challenger. How to do it as well?

ALien Cop.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Hello All,

I am not sure how to get my Uconnect updated? Any ideas to know when was my Uconnect updated last time?

I also want to update the navigation on my 2017 dodge challenger. How to do it as well?

ALien Cop.
You need to go to Dodge's webpage. Click on the owners link at the top of the page.

I updated my NAV to the 2018 maps a couple of months ago. The Uconnect version you have in your car can be found under settings on the radio. Then look at system information and see if you have the latest version as compared to when you run your VIN on the Dodge webpage to check for updates.

Reactions: Alien Cop

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to go to Dodge's webpage. Click on the owners link at the top of the page.

I updated my NAV to the 2018 maps a couple of months ago. The Uconnect version you have in your car can be found under settings on the radio. Then look at system information and see if you have the latest version as compared to when you run your VIN on the Dodge webpage to check for updates.
How much did you pay for the Nav update?
I just checked my uconnect says up-to-date. But I guess map needs an update.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
How much did you pay for the Nav update?
Are you sitting down?

I believe it was $149. They send you a USB drive with the maps on it. Then you go to your car to get a request code. You come back to your computer and put in the request code along with the product serial number and your VIN. That way the USB is married to your car, and you can't sell it to anyone else.

They give instructions, so it is mostly easy.... Except it took a good hour to do my updates. You have to leave the car running, so bring some entertainment with you. The radio does not play during the update, and they say not to drive the car because the back up camera and blind spot detection on the side mirrors are disabled.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sitting down?

I believe it was $149. They send you a USB drive with the maps on it. Then you go to your car to get a request code. You come back to your computer and put in the request code along with the product serial number and your VIN. That way the USB is married to your car, and you can't sell it to anyone else.

They give instructions, so it is mostly easy.... Except it took a good hour to do my updates. You have to leave the car running, so bring some entertainment with you. The radio does not play during the update, and they say not to drive the car because the back up camera and blind spot detection on the side mirrors are disabled.

Yea I was in the bathroom, dumping :( Thoughts were running in my mind then, so challengertalk :(

Sure, I will call them up and order it. :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are you sitting down?

That's another part of the reason why when we got my wife's Challenger near fully-loaded, the NAV unit is the one thing I skipped out on. Not only is it $700, but you have to pay every time you want the maps updated. And with CarPlay, it's redundant anyway and the maps update themselves.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Are you sitting down?

That's another part of the reason why when we got my wife's Challenger near fully-loaded, the NAV unit is the one thing I skipped out on. Not only is it $700, but you have to pay every time you want the maps updated. And with CarPlay, it's redundant anyway and the maps update themselves.
I thought this was covered under your warranty. My Jeeps NAV was out of date after two years and I took it in with no problems and the installed the new updates no charge. I’ll have to check the NAV in the Scat.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,666 Posts
I recently received an email offering the nav update for $99 again. Might want to call them and see if they will offer the $99

A Guy

·
Registered
809 Posts
On the newer (2019's anyways) Challengers isn't the HD radio tied in w/the Nav option??

·
Registered
15,851 Posts
On the newer (2019's anyways) Challengers isn't the HD radio tied in w/the Nav option??
It used to be tied in with the NAV but that changed either 2017 or 2018 and all 8.4 radios since then have had the HD radio included.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,851 Posts
Just as another data point - my 2018 GT has HD Radio, but no NAV.
Yes, definitely standard on all 8.4 by 2018 just not sure if it happened with the new version of the 8.4 in 2017 or not. For 2015 and 2016 you had to have the NAV version to get the HD radio, 2017 not sure about.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, you did not get the 8.4 AN Navigation for your wife's car? Pardon me, if I misunderstood you.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, definitely standard on all 8.4 by 2018 just not sure if it happened with the new version of the 8.4 in 2017 or not. For 2015 and 2016 you had to have the NAV version to get the HD radio, 2017 not sure about.

I have 2017 , and believe me we are refugees in the Mopar world. Garmin kicks us without support to uConnect, Uconnect does the same and pushes us to Sirrius XM Gurdian, and Sirrius pushes us to NavTech. And repeats. No one knows, where to approach for Nav updates or Software updates.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So, you did not get the 8.4 AN Navigation for your wife's car? Pardon me, if I misunderstood you.
Correct, we have the non-NAV 8.4” unit

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,666 Posts
I believe you need the 8.4 for HD radio (doesn't have to be w/Nav). I don't think the 7" has it. Scat Pack and up have the 8.4 standard. Regular R/T and lower (R/T, GT, SXT) all have 7" standard

A Guy

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Only time I use the car's GPS is when I have no cellular connection and didn't save offline maps. If it was free I would update it, I guess it isn't

·
Registered
598 Posts
Are you sitting down?

Back up camera? Blind spot detection? Hmm, may be time to upgrade my 2009.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts