Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this unsolicited offer from Chrysler. Any of you folks spent the $149 for this?
Thanks in advance for any comments.

Make: Dodge

Model: Challenger

Model Year: 2013

VIN:

Map: OUTDATED

You wouldn’t drive without tires. Or motor oil. But you are driving without essential navigation information. It’s time to update your Uconnect® system’s map.

The map inside your Chrysler Group vehicle’s Uconnect system map has not been updated in one year. Your current map does not reflect thousands of miles of new and updated roads. You’re also missing important destinations like gas stations, hotels and emergency services.

It’s easy to update your Dodge Challenger Uconnect system map at the official Chrysler Group map update center. Purchase your update for $149 by August 31, 2014 and get free shipping.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I wouldn't say every year, But it's time for me to update my 2008 challenger when im on major highways and it's telling me about exits that don't exist or changed.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Yep got it today

·
Registered
260 Posts
$149? That's ridiculous, you can buy a GPS with lifetime maps for that price. It's nice to have it built in, but that is hwy robbery if you ask me.

·
Registered
828 Posts
When i updated my Navtec maps the $149 bucks also included the latest radio updates also.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got it and it's less than brilliant. In my area, it's missing a highway that was moved 8 months ago, a business closed about 18 months is still listed, another business opened about 2 years ago is missing, and the indianapolis Speedway has the wrong address (missed by 3 miles).

At $149, I expected something better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the feedback, here's what I'm thinkin
I seldom use the navigation feature; occasionally, but really, how many 'new roads' can there be in the last year?
I've never used the feature to find 'places to see' or 'places to eat', this is not the way I do road trips
If it were 20 bucks - sure, but not worth what they want. I'll just delete the email and should I need a hotel on a trip? use my phone.
or a place to eat? read the signs
or a route? do the 'old fashioned' way and either MapQuest it before leaving or have the navigator read a paper map :)
thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Even a lifetime map update for my Garmin Nuvi was only $70.

·
Registered
111 Posts
They sent me one for free sometime around January, for free. I didn't even ask for it.

Reactions: hemirt4me

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
They've got you buy the short and curlies. I bought the map update last year but skipping this year. The maps made by Navteq are about 2 years behind the Garmin maps you would get for a handheld device. It's pathetic really. I'm going to try and do the update myself some people have had success.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts