Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide body A8 in Go Mango
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Order my Scat Pack Widebody on 08/24 and after I received my VIN I was given an ETA of 09/06-09/22 delivery range. Contacted my dealer on 09/22 only to find out that it was delayed, new ETA was 09/16-09/30. Yesterday I contacted my dealer again only to get a new ETA of 09/24-10/08.

I can understand waiting to fill a truck and a small delay. But I live in the North East, near Philly, so it's not like there isn't a bunch of dealers around to get it filled. My sales guy thinks they may be short drivers because of COVID.

My sales guy sent me a screen shot 09/22 showing the Vehicle Assignment Log Details.

Truck
Leg Origin - Brampton Assembly Plant
Last Event Locn - Akron Yard
Last Locn Type - VDC
Event Description - Ingate / Rebay at Facility
Last Event Date - 09/01/20

So, if I'm reading this right, the car was built a month ago now. Is the Akron Yard Akron Ohio? If so, that's another tease as it's only one state away and has been sitting there for a month now.

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
361 Posts
Hi,

I went thru a similar thing, my standard body Scat Pack took 20 days to build, ordered on 7-31 and built on 8-20, only to take 26 days to get to the dealership, 10 of those days were in Detroit Budd yard, which is like 45 minutes away from the dealership. Finally arriving on 9-15.

Just keep pestering them, maybe file a complaint on the Chrysler help line, not sure if anything will really help

Good luck with the waiting...

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Well you know what Trump just said about Philly. ha ha Good luck as I purchased many a car from that area as I grew up 20 minutes from Philly. You're correct, tons of dealers there.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
16 Posts
Honestly, that's not bad at all.
I ordered mine on 08/12 and I didn't get any sort of ETA until last week, when my dealer told me it'll arrive at the dealer around 09/30-10/14.
I was contacting Dodge online chat as well to ask for any updates and every time they have no ETA on arrival date.
Just sit back and wait till it gets to the dealer.
It will come eventually.

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts
I bought mine 9/11. Door sticker says it was built 8/20. I'm in Portland, OR., so that was a fast delivery!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts