Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Fawles

"And Muth signal mirrors to avoid drilling holes in perfect panels."

Sorry I don't understand this last bit?
Here in the U.K you have to have a turn signal on the side of the car, it has to be within 102" of the front of the car, a minimum height of 14" from the ground, a maximum height of 59" from the ground and have a viewing angle from the rear of the car between 6 and 60 degrees.

Muth Mirrors with their built in turn signals forfill these requirements without (as most idiots do) drilling holes in your front fenders to fit side turn signals

Regards

Dereck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
spoke to the guy. If im happy with it he will bring it the UK. As he is coming over on the 14th and i can collect from London and buy it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
To pass inspection for registration in the UK, you need turn signal repeater lamps on the sides with lines of visibility as listed in the inspection manual. So modern cars have expensive LED lamps in really expensive mirror housings from the factory. Older, or cheaper cars have them fitted though the front wings/fenders behind the front wheel.

I've seen some of the "professionally" imported ones here fitted with the same cheap amber LED in a rubber grommet through a hole in the front wing/fender that ebay has for a couple of quid - looks cheap. And you now have a new hole drilled through a previously prefect panel. I'd be forever worried about the paint applied in that hole - and what with the salt they throw on the roads here at the hint of sub-zero temps . . .

Muth signal mirrors are replacement glasses with LEDs installed behind the glass - complies with the regs here. Easy swop - although getting the damn wires through was fun!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Rob287

:surprise: Reckon you had a lucky escape there, looks like he might have drifted into a curb, bent up the suspension and blew the side air bags, I assume you are pulling out of the deal.

Regards

Dereck

·
Super Moderator
12,951 Posts
Wow, what happened, I see destroyed wheels and a side curtain airbag deployed?

A Guy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yeah.

Must of be a big hit to deploy the airbags.

What else is lurking underneath all bent. Wasn't honest to begin with so that 0 trust.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Another point for 'Merica.

Gonna shoot my guns in the air when I get home in celebration.

But seriously, good job dodging that bullet. Pun intended.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Another point for 'Merica.

Gonna shoot my guns in the air when I get home in celebration.

But seriously, good job dodging that bullet. Pun intended.
hahahah

yep back to the drawing board. I know a person who is in florida that imports so on the look out.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts