Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All, after parking next to a orange RT 2 years ago in universal studios florida, i knew i had to have one and yesterday i finally drove my own 09 black RT home, grinning all the way, well until i had a blow out at 80 mph on the motorway a bit scary to say the least but we were soon back on the road and home.

Day 2 of ownership i still can't stop grinning, it a awesome car, i've had american cars in the UK for over 20 years now, consisting of several camaros, GT mustang, c5 corvette and a H2 hummer, (so much fun on uk roads, they never looked that big in the I4 in orlando lol) but i can see the challenger being a keeper, great retro look and a superb car to drive and i look forward to hanging round this forum.

any other UK owners ?? be great to hear from you

kev

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Welcome from Bahrain!
Congrats on the ride, please post some pics once you get the chance!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
pictures

here are a few pics i took when i picked it up and then got it home, spot the wife's hemi jeep behind, identical engines, very different rides but both very cool :)

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A1J0DiRHQjYMy;A0CF310E-12FA-4CED-B79E-30E96B400DC6
https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A1J0DiRHQjYMy;1115A73C-9B9F-45CD-B5A8-C5310CF4D6E1
https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A1J0DiRHQjYMy;432A1497-997B-47A8-B55E-8EFD558EB65A

first job i've done is move that licence plate, who's does that, :)

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Kev, Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Brit living in TX. Where in the UK are you? I'm from York originally. Love my Challenger. I've had Hemi engines since I learned to drive

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from a fellow Brit living in TX. Where in the UK are you? I'm from York originally. Love my Challenger. I've had Hemi engines since I learned to drive
I'm from Devon, torquay to be precise, I've currently got the challenger trying to sell my 300 srt8 and the wife's for a hemi jeep commander so we're pretty hemi'd out

Had American cars for over 20 years and the challenger is by far the best so far, so much fun on the uk roads lol

Thanks for all your welcomes :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome from Illinois.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Another Brit in Texas! I had a few older American cars when I lived in the UK. Best and worst experience was driving a 69 Camaro with no power steering through St Ives in Cornwall. You'll certainly get attention, and have probably lost count of the "How many gallons does that do to the mile" comments when you fill up.

I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy your Challenger.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks grumpit, I'm in Devon, next to Cornwall, ran the challenger down Bodmin last week roads a lot better now lol, std uk comments, how many miles to the gallon, bet those tyres are expensive and best one of all, nice MUSTANG, irrespective of what car your driving because that's the only Ameracain car they know. But I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts