Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A UK owner checking in.
After years as a GM man, I eventually purchased a black 2009 SRT8 in 2016 and loved every minute of ownership. But despite owning many manual transmission American cars over the years (T/A’s & Corvette’s) I found the gearbox in the Challenger to be very tiresome. Combined with the appearance of bubbles in front of the rear wheels from the dreaded rust issue common to these cars I decided it was time to change.
Yesterday, I purchased a 2018 R/T Scatpack “yellow jacket” with the A8 and only 1139 miles.
Absolutely love it and the power difference between my old 6.1 Hemi and the 6.4 is amazing and that transmission always knows which gear.
I’m going to remove the dealer added stripes.
Really happy UK owner!
My outgoing SRT8 & the Scatpack.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,599 Posts
A UK owner checking in.
After years as a GM man, I eventually purchased a black 2009 SRT8 in 2016 and loved every minute of ownership. But despite owning many manual transmission American cars over the years (T/A’s & Corvette’s) I found the gearbox in the Challenger to be very tiresome. Combined with the appearance of bubbles in front of the rear wheels from the dreaded rust issue common to these cars I decided it was time to change.
Yesterday, I purchased a 2018 R/T Scatpack “yellow jacket” with the A8 and only 1139 miles.
Absolutely love it and the power difference between my old 6.1 Hemi and the 6.4 is amazing and that transmission always knows which gear.
I’m going to remove the dealer added stripes.
Really happy UK owner!
My outgoing SRT8 & the Scatpack.
Very cool.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Cool car. Brave choice too........given gas prices in Europe.......I sure don't envy your trips to the gas station. At a too close to $6.00 per gallon for regular.......the premium fuel your new Challenger needs has to make you a pretty devoted fan of these cars to pay it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool car. Brave choice too........given gas prices in Europe.......I sure don't envy your trips to the gas station. At a too close to $6.00 per gallon for regular.......the premium fuel your new Challenger needs has to make you a pretty devoted fan of these cars to pay it.
Gas prices do restrict it to a weekend fun car only. I have my daily for the mundane driving jobs.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi American Thunder

I’ll be coming past headed north on the M5 tomorrow. Not in the Challenger though, in my daily returning from a weekend away.
Was at Blue Ridge Runners show a couple of weeks back, that quite close to you. We’re you there?
My Challenger is my daily driver for the summer, I have a Mercury Marauder for the winter and a Ford Excursion for the weekends. Yes I was at the Blue Ridge Runners Show, didn't arrive until around 12:30, maybe 1:00 though, My Challenger is the last picture, I also inadvertently Gatecrashed the Saturday Cruise.

Regards

Dereck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts