Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to see a challenger built start to finish? This video shows every step of the way from stampting to final finish.. very interesting to watch!

·
Premium Member
9,358 Posts
I've watched that a few times and I enjoy it every time. If someone has one on order it helps make the wait more tolerable.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
No matter how long it's been out, even now, I still enjoy watching this video (just finished watching it again). It does make me think, however, how little difference there really is between the top performing and base model Challengers other than the parts used.

With that, it just makes you more aware about the cost of parts and how much mark-up is being applied to the vehicle since they are all assembled on the same line.

None the less... I still think they are going to get my money for the Hellcat..... and a Jeep SRT (wife has eluded to wanting this now; I feel like a panzy that I'm the one arguing fuel economy on the Jeep SRT... I know, epic fail).

·
Registered
291 Posts
That was an awesome video. I really enjoyed the engine manufacturing and assembly section. It's amazing how everything comes together to the final product.

Wayne

·
Registered
262 Posts
Anyone want to see a challenger built start to finish? This video shows every step of the way from stampting to final finish.. very interesting to watch!

Dodge Challenger - YouTube
CRAP......I'm in Canada and the video is blocked! GRRRRR

I tried looking for another way but it is always blocked.:cursin:

·
Premium Member
9,358 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
yup you got that right , but them few parts sure make the difference don't they.

It does make me think, however, how little difference there really is between the top performing and base model Challengers other than the parts used.

With that, it just makes you more aware about the cost of parts and how much mark-up is being applied to the vehicle since they are all assembled on the same line.
QUOTE]

·
Registered
262 Posts
I bought the DVD while waiting for my factory order to arrive last year.
That's dedication and loyalty to the extreme! LOL. Where did you purchase it from?

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Maybe I wasn't watching close enough but it seems that Chargers outnumber Challengers and I had to double check for the 300's. 300's has to be the least number made in the plant.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CRAP......I'm in Canada and the video is blocked! GRRRRR

I tried looking for another way but it is always blocked.:cursin:

Real easy, change your settings on your computer to say USA instead of Canada. It will let you right in. Hope this helps in the future...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Real easy, change your settings on your computer to say USA instead of Canada. It will let you right in. Hope this helps in the future...
I'll have to try that......and if it works I will leave it that way. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can't believe I watched that whole thing lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

I did too... I might show it to the other half today to watch. It is very interesting to see how it all comes together. From the Frame to Finish, it only takes 24 hours to assemble. It also shows us that all different colors and models come down the line at any given time. Not all just black, just silver, etc. I had never seen this before and stumbled upon it on youtube. I hope everyone enjoyed it.. I sure did..

I would also like to know where the DVD was purchased from.. if not, I'll have to find a way to download it directly off youtube or National Geo and just burn it to dvd...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I tried this and still does not let you in.....it must be blocked through the Host's ISP and knowing that regardless of my settings I am requesting to watch it from Canada.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts