Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have 2016 R/T with an extended warranty and I am trying to upgrade to a new Scat Pack. I was told by the dealer's warranty department that they do not give an extended warranty for Scat pack SRT or Hellcats, but I can purchase a service contract. So, I contacted Dodge warranty online and they have not responded yet. Does anyone know if this is the case? I was told I can get an extended warranty for a R/T- even a lifetime warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I got a 8 year contract. One hundred deductible. 8 years for $1500. low miles. So I guess that is not an extended warranty but as good as it gets. Go to the dealership, try to find a coupon in service area if they have any.
Most will give it to you if available. Don't be quick to sign. They can come down. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
15,087 Posts
Hello
I have 2016 R/T with extended warranty and am trying to up to new Scat Pack, I was told by dealer Warranty department that they do not give extended warranty for Scat pack SRT or Hellcats but I can purchase a service contract. So I called Dodge warranty from online and they have not responded yet. Does any one know if this is the case. I was told I can get extended warranty for a R/T even a life time warranty.
It was on again / off again situation with getting Lifetime Max Care warranty. Some got in, but they shut down offering LT warranty on the 6.2 and 6.4 equipped vehicles going forward.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
704 Posts
Don’t feel you have to get the warranty from Dodge. And why pay for a warranty while you still have the three-year free factory warranty? Get it when the factory warranty expires.

There are a number of aftermarket warranty companies, I get junk mail from several for cars I no longer own. Do a little research and you may find what you want.

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
Just go online and search for genuine Chrysler service contract. You will find several places to buy the service contract and compare prices.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Another option is buy from a dealership that offers a lifetime warranty on all new cars. There are a few of those here in MN.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,707 Posts
Do some research. You can buy a Chrysler service warranty from an out-of-state dealer, if necessary. Compare prices. Your local dealer would have to honor the contract. Also, there are many warranty plans available from private companies.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I would only go with a MOPAR warranty. Several places on line so shop. Third party companies are notorious for covering little or nothing if you read the fine print, alway fight you tooth and nail to pay and many are out of business by the time you need them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would agree with Mihihemi Dodge warranty only. I have done the 3rd party warranty and they were out of business a year later $1200 wasted. Did the service contract to many bs stipulations to get work done they always have an out. OEM Dodge warranty for me or nothing. I do a lot of cross country driving sometimes and want to be able to go to any Dodge dealer. I will wait for online Dodge warranty to respond if I cant get a decent extended warranty then I might lease beat the crap out of it and just give it back cheaper monthly too. I always prefer to own but tied of worring about it, and my R/T 5.7 has the Hemi tick bad so I am getting rid of it. So not locking myself into $44,000 car with now way out or protection.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I would agree with Mihihemi Dodge warranty only. I have done the 3rd party warranty and they were out of business a year later $1200 wasted. Did the service contract to many bs stipulations to get work done they always have an out. OEM Dodge warranty for me or nothing. I do a lot of cross country driving sometimes and want to be able to go to any Dodge dealer. I will wait for online Dodge warranty to respond if I cant get a decent extended warranty then I might lease beat the crap out of it and just give it back cheaper monthly too. I always prefer to own but tied of worring about it, and my R/T 5.7 has the Hemi tick bad so I am getting rid of it. So not locking myself into $44,000 car with now way out or protection.
Agree.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I purchased my Extended Warranty fro my 2011 from Luke at Steve White motors. They're a sponsor here. Price was the same as some other online places and I like supporting a sponsor.
The factory warranty on my 2015 expires in January and I'll be getting an extended for it from Luke as well.
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a lifetime warranty on my 16 scat pack, I am glad I bought it when I did. They were pushing it hard in Dec. 2015 . Hopefully I never need it,but so much electronics these days. I would also call steve white motors. Hear good things about them.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I purchased my Extended Warranty fro my 2011 from Luke at Steve White motors. They're a sponsor here. Price was the same as some other online places and I like supporting a sponsor.
The factory warranty on my 2015 expires in January and I'll be getting an extended for it from Luke as well.
Thanks,
Ken
Ken, I am looking at getting a warranty for my 2013 from Steve White, is yours a FCA Mopar Warranty?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Don’t feel you have to get the warranty from Dodge. And why pay for a warranty while you still have the three-year free factory warranty? Get it when the factory warranty expires.

There are a number of aftermarket warranty companies, I get junk mail from several for cars I no longer own. Do a little research and you may find what you want.

If you chose to get an aftermarket warranty make sure you do your research. Many of these have bad reputations. Always finding a reason why the repair isn't covered. Most are bad news and no guarantee how long they will be in business.

·
Registered
185 Posts
So, this link provided me with two pieces of information:

1 - I got completely SCREWED by my dealer on the 5/60 warranty I purchased from them in October!!!!

2 - I should ALWAYS do my research on these things prior to pulling the trigger!

Luckily - I'm within the 60 day window to cancel the extended warranty for a full refund, which I will do tomorrow, and then purchase a better one for the same money from Chrysler Warranty Direct.

THANK YOU for posting this!

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,891 Posts
So, this link provided me with two pieces of information:

1 - I got completely SCREWED by my dealer on the 5/60 warranty I purchased from them in October!!!!

2 - I should ALWAYS do my research on these things prior to pulling the trigger!

Luckily - I'm within the 60 day window to cancel the extended warranty for a full refund, which I will do tomorrow, and then purchase a better one for the same money from Chrysler Warranty Direct.

THANK YOU for posting this!
99% of the time, whatever warranties your dealer wants to sell you are bullshit or overpriced.

·
Super Moderator
15,087 Posts
I receive emails from Mopar frequently

Here's the most recent on the unlimited mileage warranty - disclaimer on what's excluded:

EXCLUSIVE OFFER
Save 20% off
of the M.S.R.P. Price of a Lifetime Maxcare Plan
Offer ends 11/17/2017
* Diesels, Hell Cats, SRTs, Scat Pacs, Promasters & Viper do not qualify for unlimited mile plans
* Other restrictions apply

·
Vendor
12,215 Posts
the only thing that you cant buy is a lifetime on 6.4, nearly everything else is available
we can help, simply send us your vin number and current mileage for a quote
luke

1 - 20 of 75 Posts