Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question was raised in another post about how much to pay for a 2010 R/T. Somebody posted this link Orange County Jeep | Orange County Dodge | Orange County Jeep Dealer | Orange County Dodge Dealer | Orange Coast

I figured like most of you would that these prices were to good to be true, but being as gullable as I am I called any way. I'm really not even in the market for this car as this is a contract year and there is so much uncertainty with my job. I was looking at an orange srt with a sticker of 46,210. their marked down price was 36,210. I went through the usual formalities with the salesman and finally asked if I was eligble for that price (36,210). I got the response I expected "well you don't qualify for this discount and that discount" and after all was said and done the best price he could give me was 39,432. Keep in mind that i live in NY and hes in cali, so i would have to fly there and drive back. I said " that is a really good price, but I would have to get the full 10,000 off the sticker for me to even CONSIDER flying out there." I couldn't believe what he said next. "If you fly out here I will give you 10,000 off sticker!" OMFG he called my bluff. Now what do I do? Like I said I really was just calling to ask about the advertised prices on the internet figuring it was all BS. I didn't know what to do so I said like the cowardly man that I am "I'm going to have to talk this over with the wife." I don't know if he was serious or not because i think he sensed my hesitation on the phone before he made that offer. I don't think I will be able to make this deal but it just goes to show that there are deals out there if you look for them.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey I did say I was gullable didn't I lol.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would get a contract faxed over to sign if you wanted to do the deal. I spoke to them in past about an R/T and they wanted 32,000. in the ad and of course my discount was 36,000. super deal if you could get that price. I just paid 27,000. for a 2010 R/T with 8,000. on it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Wait until you get into the Finance office, that's when the real fun begins. Nothing passes until they crunch the numbers no matter who said what or how much. Good luck though. RR

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just looked at it and there is no real details on equipment. Could it be stripped? This may explain why it has not sold yet at that price.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
yeah, another "game" they play...if they think you may just be a "tire-kicker", they throw u a LOW BALL price & call your bluff...simply called "low-balling", and if u showed up all ready to buy a few hours later, they'd come up with some "reason" that they cant honor the price(been there, done that):bigthumb:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Get a contract faxed sign it and its a done deal.

Got my 2010 SRT8 6 speed was $39,996 with the $4500 rebate etc I got it for $35,500 when all said and done with rebates and in NY of all places where there thieves!!!

Wesbury still has if I remember correctly 5 2010 SRT8s sitting on there new car roof at there dealership in Westbury Long Island- 3 automatics and 2 manuals.

With that being said I have not driven my car in a month since I bought it from there went from dealer to garage and then Antarctica broke out here in NY, winter blows!!!!!

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I suggest you hit Edmunds dot com, and you option out the car then you hit the receive offers from dealers buttons. They'll reach out to you via e-mail. DO NOT give them your number. Just tell them you want their best price via e-mail and you'll be receiving competitive bids. These are the internet sales managers. There will be a few that do not play games...they are all about volumes, especially at month's end. That will be the market, at least locally. That's what I'd do. It's how I buy all my cars. Also, you can see on that site both what the manufacturer's incentives are to the public and to the dealerships.

HemiSam

·
Registered
235 Posts
I got a bridge to sell you!

I will give you "internet" or "phone" pricing... your pick!
When I got my MOPAR-10, the Internet Department said " you will get 6K off MSRP", two days later, went to the stealership, was introduced to a salesman and his first words were, so we are giving you 6K off MSRP, no hassle, no BS, just a done deal. Now if I could just get my owner's kit.

:pimp:

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
edmunds is the real deal or the dealership get their ears boxed and pulled. Can't hurt to try. just don't break down and give them your number and you'll have more leverage.

HemiSam

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I said " that is a really good price, but I would have to get the full 10,000 off the sticker for me to even CONSIDER flying out there."
Why would you fly? Get the contract, sign it, send the certified check for the total and have it shipped. Simple. That is what I did in 09. No problems.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Why would you fly? Get the contract, sign it, send the certified check for the total and have it shipped. Simple. That is what I did in 09. No problems.
Agreed. I think most dealerships can manage to ship a car for $400 or so. I'm pretty sure you would spend that on a plane ticket and gas to get back home, plus have the hassle of the travel and risk of them changing their minds on the price when you arrive at the dealership. If they ship, they will have their paperwork & price in order BEFORE the car is loaded. ;)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I just got two quotes for two very similar optioned R/T Classics in Illinois. One sticker was a B5 Blue manual for $39,910 and the other a Detonator Yellow automatic for $39,755. The B5 was quoted at $32,883 (17.6% off) and the yellow at $35,239 (11.35% off). Goes to show there are sometimes huge discrepancies between sellers. Both dealers do not have any 2011s on their lots yet. Once those hit, these prices will go down a little bit more I suppose. I believe they are offering 0% for 60 months on them. I also heard they are giving you $2,000 worth of Mopar Bucks to spend. It almost makes sense to buy a new leftover 2010 rather than used, doesn't it?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I just got two quotes for two very similar optioned R/T Classics in Illinois. One sticker was a B5 Blue manual for $39,910 and the other a Detonator Yellow automatic for $39,755. The B5 was quoted at $32,883 (17.6% off) and the yellow at $35,239 (11.35% off). Goes to show there are sometimes huge discrepancies between sellers. Both dealers do not have any 2011s on their lots yet. Once those hit, these prices will go down a little bit more I suppose. I believe they are offering 0% for 60 months on them. I also heard they are giving you $2,000 worth of Mopar Bucks to spend. It almost makes sense to buy a new leftover 2010 rather than used, doesn't it?
Not if I can get a used for $25k, which I can.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Oh, how I love dealers. The Mopar Bucks offer is expired, and they will not honor those prices for the 0% for 60 months since the current offer is $2,000 in rebates OR the 0%. Oh well, I was just curious to see how some of these dealers were dealing. Apparently, not that great just yet. I would not pay 35K for a 2010 R/T Classic when I can get a used SRT-8 for the same price with super low miles. Here's hoping Spring comes sooner than later...

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Oh, how I love dealers. The Mopar Bucks offer is expired, and they will not honor those prices for the 0% for 60 months since the current offer is $2,000 in rebates OR the 0%. Oh well, I was just curious to see how some of these dealers were dealing. Apparently, not that great just yet. I would not pay 35K for a 2010 R/T Classic when I can get a used SRT-8 for the same price with super low miles. Here's hoping Spring comes sooner than later...
I would say 0% finance and get the car at invoice and your ready to go...go out of state if need be. What better deal does anybody need than that? If you have the cash, use the rebates instead and get the car for 2000 under invoice. You can always find a Challenger at invoice, especially now in the winter with 2011's coming in.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I ordered my 2010 R/T Classic from OC Dodge and all went smoothly except when they wanted to add the $179 nitrogen tire BS fee. I would buy another car from them but I would get the contract in writing before I booked a plane flight there.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just curious justindo how good a deal did u get on your car? I looked over the numbers and it just doesn't pay for me to purchase this car, but im interested to know if they gave u a good deal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts