Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This AM I pulled out of my garage and headed for a local Coffee & Cars. As I pulled out of my neighborhood a Z06 came up behind me and obviously the driver was heading for the same destination. The Z06 was behind me for a while and then pulled to the right lane just a bit behind me as I stayed in the middle lane. On the little run from where we hooked up to the Coffee & Cars location a couple more Corvettes and three street rods joined the impromptu caravan. Once at the Coffee & Cars site we all went our separate ways in the parking lot.

A couple of hours later a guy came up to me and introduced himself and said he had followed me to the event and he just wanted to tell me that the exhaust on my car was the best sounding one of all the modern Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers he had head. He stayed behind me on the short trip just to hear the exhaust as I conservatively went through the gears (I wondered what he was doing keeping the position he had). Naturally I thanked the guy and told him I was glad to hear the exhaust sounded good to others for naturally I can not hear it like he had. I think this is a very big compliment for the guys at Solo and reinforces my satisfaction with the decision to go Solo.

Now to be completely fair, while I was at Coffee & Cars I ran into a ChallengerTalk member who has the new MBRP no drone system on his car. He was kind enough to start his car for me and I thought it sounded excellent – deep rumble at idle and an impressive roar upon acceleration. The car’s owner said he had high flow cats, re-worked heads, and a bit of a cam. These factors probably contributed to making what is obviously a good system sound even better.

Are there really any bad cat-back systems out there for the Challenger? Maybe not but the SOLO and MBRP systems are certainly good ones for these cars.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks for this. I haven't heard anyone who didn't love their solo exhaust. This really reinforces my decision to go with them. Your post was helpful.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Most any aftermarket catback will sound good on these cars. I've never heard of people consistantly bashing a certain catback. Generally people are most happy with Corsa and Solo, at least from what I've read. Seen lots of MBRPers go to Corsa. Borla, not too many have on their car. Flowmaster will always sound good and appeal to those who want that particular sound. If I could do it over, and money was no object I'd get Zoomers.

That said, construction, price, and quality should also matter in an exhaust. If you're car is a daily driver and you live in the snow belt or where there is any moisture, T304 metal is where it's at, and Solo doesn't cut it there.

·
Banned
583 Posts
All I've ever heard live was my stock R/T auto, a SRT8 and the SOLO on my R/T, it was difficult to judge other exhaust over the internet. The R/T auto is seriously lacking in exhaust volume and tone, I had a forum member laugh at my stock exhaust so anything would have been a upgrade. I couldn't believe what I yarded out from under my Challenger, Jeez Dodge that was a whole lot of B/S. Love my SOLO exhaust though. :guiness:

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
With the R/T, did you use the stock tips? If so, how is the fitment of those with the new system? Do they stick out any further or do they sit exactly like stock? Are the mufflers long enough to potentially hit the driveshaft coupler if the system slightly shifts like the Flowmaster system has often done with owners? How does the bottom end torque feel...at least the same as stock?

May try this system if my Flowmaster Super 10/Blastin Bobs glasspack experiment doesn't work out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Heard the Zoomers on a fellow SCC member's R/T at SpringFest last weekend. Love the sound and wanted something that doesn't drone. So, I put in my Zoomers order on Friday. Couldn't resist with their special they had going (just over $1K installed). Should have it next week in time for Spring Fling!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Stone Cold, you puttin blastin bobs glass pack kit on? Let me know how you like it. I have it and just about what was poking for sound-wise Seems even deeper and louder now. Sure a CAI intake and other required goodies have helped that too but fir $250 installed, can't beat it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thats great news because I just intalled the Solo exhaust on my 2010 SRT8 last weekend. (took me around 2.5 hrs including taking the stock one out) I reused the factory tips and everything went together perfect. I have not driven the car yet because there is still salt and crap on the roads here in NY. If the weather ever breaks here it sounds like I will be a happy camper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts