Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to install an amplifier under the passenger seat and I noticed there are 2 plastic look alike vents under the seat, what are those for?

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Not positive but I'd install it in the trunk.

I had a shop put a amp under the seat and when the seat was moved it would disconnect wires....they moved it to the trunk.

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
Probably to pipe air into your vented seats, and/or to the vents on the back of your center console.

·
Super Moderator
12,972 Posts
Rear passenger heat/cold?

A Guy

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
I wonder what Nuke has in his center console? :grin2:
Not weed, I can assure you of that. I tried some back when I moved to Dallas out of college, and holy way-too-high Batman! I was NOT prepared for what that stuff did to me!

Back in my day, the weed was literally about as strong as your average weed. Evidently it got much better between the time I left college and the time I moved up here. I'm guessing it has only gotten stronger in the last 15 years, so I will be sticking to scotch as my drug of choice.

fresh bacon slices
Almost...replace 'bacon' with 'steaks' and 'in center console' with 'on top of engine', and you got it!

·
Super Moderator
14,417 Posts
Rear passenger heat/cold?

A Guy
We have a winner!

its the heating duct for the rear seat area. When you have the floor position active (this vent position is automatic when heat is called for the cabin).

The vent / A/C has a duct that runs underneath the center console for the rear console vents - FYI.
-anyone that has removed their console to change M6 shifters has discovered that duct

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
Fart dispersion
:thumbsup:

That would explain the mysterious B9999 trouble code I found in the manual but didn't know what it meant...

From my Chiltons Manual for '06-'10 LXs:"B9999 - Body Control Module trouble code: Aromatic Dispersion Malfunction" :deal:

The More You Know... :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts