Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is any undercoating applied to our cars before they leave the factory???

I am trying to figure out and cannot find any info any where on this. Usually you have to pay extra for this when you buy the car, as it is after market, but it has been several years since I bought I new car so not sure with these.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mine is not under coated and they did not try to sell it. I think because the cars are dipped and coated (if you saw the Nat. Geo. segment) that they don't think it is necessary any more. Plus it would add 50 more pounds!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
they tried to sell me on undercoating when i bought the car...it was a extremely hard sell...i think i told him NO about 10x before he finally gave up...it was like a 15 min sell...i finally just stopped talking and was ready to walk out...then he shut up and let me sign for my car..

i store mine winters and dont drive in rain....i dont worry about corrosion......cant say ive ever seen any of my new cars rust underneath ...suspension yes, but not floor pans,etc

·
Premium Member
7,317 Posts
Mine is not undercoated; I don't think any come from the factory with undercoating. They are painted on the underside.

I drive mine in rain and snow. I don't see any corrosion problems yet, but I've only had my car 2 1/2 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts